Don't Let Go ~ 12

Gray's POV:

I was enraged when I found out that Keiko was getting engaged to Natsu.

I looked at her and she smiled sadly. I walked out of the room and around the palace.

"Excuse me?" I heard a soft voice say. I turned and saw a girl with fiery orange hair. "My name is Fiera, your Gray Fullbuster right?" She asked and I nodded.

"The Princess asked me to find you and take you to her." I nodded and followed the maid.

She led me down multiple halls and outside down a path and behind a well hidden door.

"The princess is inside." She told me and I went in.

Inside there were a few flowers and trees. There was a small pond and some torches lit the area.

In the middle of it all there was a swing and seated on the swing was a girl with brown hair, the girl I fell in love with.

"Your engaged to Natsu?" I asked and she turned to face me.

"My father arranged it as he had heard that Natsu was the son of the king of fire dragons and was related to-...... someone.... he wants our kingdom to be safe from harm and if the dragons attack, we might be able to stop them." She explained and I nodded. "Gray..." I looked up at her. "I don't want to marry Natsu..." she told me and I walked to her and pulled her to my chest, hugging her as she sobbed.

"Trust me Keiko, you won't." I told her.

After a while we bothered headed back to the party and Keiko went to talk with her father.

Keiko's POV:

I walked up to my father nervously.

"Father." I addressed him and he looked at me with a smile.

"Ah! Keiko! How are you?" He asked and I gave him a fake smile.

"Very well. But I have something important to discuss with you." I told him and he nodded. We both exited the ball room into my fathers office.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I don't want to marry Natsu, is there anyway I can get out of it?" I asked and he looked at me.

"Why? What reason do you have against this." He asked.

"I-I'm in love with someone else, father." I told him nervously and he nodded.

"Who is this person?" He asked.

"G-Gray F-F-Fullbuster......" I told him.

"No." He said. "You are the next queen, you must marry Natsu." He told me.

"W-what if Hisui was the next queen?" I asked.

"That isn't possible. Your the eldest so I cannot take that away from you." He told me.

"But what if I don't want to be the next queen? If I could tell everyone that Hisui would become the next queen, I'd be free to live my own life right?" I asked and he nodded.

"You can announce it and both you and Natsu would be free from marriage but you will still be princess so you will never be completely free." He told me and I smiled.

"Really!?! I can go back to Fairy Tail with no harm done!?!" I half asked.

He nodded and I went to find Hisui.

Once I found her I quickly grabbed her arm and dragged her outside.

"Keiko? What's up?" She asked confused.

"Do you want to be the next ruler of Fiore?" I asked.

"Well, of course I would but why?" She asked.

"Because I can announce right now that you will be the next queen, not me!" I told her and she smiled.

"Really? Because if I don't stay here I have nowhere to go." I nodded and we both walked up to father.

"Hisui will be the next queen." I told him and he nodded.

"Go tell the people. But you should probably inform Natsu first." He said and I nodded.

"I'll meet you both up on the balcony in a few minutes." With that I was off to find Natsu.

"Natsu!" I exclaimed when I found him. "Come with me." I quickly pulled him away as he looked at me confused.

"What's up?" He asked. "Also I'm so sorry about the marriage thing...."

"It's fine we won't be married anymore!" I told him and he looked at me confused.

"But the-"

"I know! I only had to marry you if I were queen, but now Hisui will be queen!" I told him and he smiled.

"That's good cause, no offends but, I don't like you in that way." He told me and I laughed.

"I'll see you at Fairy Tail, Natsu." I told him and he nodded.

I walked up to the balcony with Hisui and my father.

"Everyone! Can we have your attention please!" I yelled and everyone looked at us. "It has been arranged that I will be the future queen when my father retires. But, I cannot take the duty." Everyone looked at me confused.
"I will not be your next queen. My sister, Princess Hisui E. Fiore will take my place." I said and everyone went silent. Suddenly the entire place erupted in cheers.

I left Hisui on the balcony and went down to Gramps.

"Can I rejoin?" I asked and he smiled.

"You never officially left anyway." He said and I nodded, thrilled.

I felt arms slither around my back and saw Gray.

"Are you coming back to Fairy Tail?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm coming home..." he turned me around and kissed me.

As we parted I heard cheers and looked around slightly embarrassed.

"It seems we have a crowd...." I whispered to Gray and he nodded before pulling me in again.

"I love you, Keiko." He told me and I smiled. "I love you too, Gray."