Don't Let Go ~ 20

I woke up surrounded by the familiar white walls of the infirmary. I sat up but immediately found that was a bad idea. I scanned my body and found several bandages and bruises and a cast on my right arm. There was a sharp pain extending through my stomach. I lifted my shirt up to see bandages but you could see a deep purple bruise outlining it. I groaned and looked around. There was someone in the other bed and it looked like a girl.

Immediately I shot up ignoring the pain aching throughout my body.

"Skyla?" I muttered her old nickname. I called her Skyla the first week I met her thinking it was her actual name. Since her name is Sky La-Tia I thought her name was Skyla Tia. And since then I called her Skyla or Ski.

She groaned but stayed unconscious, muttering something incomprehensible. I sighed and grabbed the pair of crutches leaned against the wall and walked out of the infirmary. Everyone looked up and stared at me as I walked out but I ignored them and hobbled down to the team.

"Keiko! Are you okay?" Lucy asked running up to me, Erza following close behind. I smiled and nodded trying to hide the pain in my stomach.

"I'm fine, don't worry,"I told her unconvincingly. She didn't seem to notice but Erza did.

"Then why have you got crutches?Something wrong with your ankle? Cause if there is you probably shouldn't be up and about, should you?" Erza sarcastically told me. I rolled my eyes and tried to hide my ankle behind my other foot-which didn't go unnoticed.

"Keiko? Show me your ankle," I turned and saw Gray looking at me concerned.

"Gray, I'm fine," I told him, giving him a peck on the lips before hobbling over to Levy and Mira to ask about Sky.

"Keiko! You should be in bed! You took fatal hits to your ribs - You shouldn't be moving!" Mira told me. I offered her a small smile and shook my head.

"I'm fine Mira. Promise." I told her and Levy turned to me questioningly, "Did you find anything about Sky?" I asked them and they both gave me small, sympathetic smiles.

"She's not vicious or wanting to hurt anyone, It's more like she forgot everything. She can't remember her past." Mira told me.

"I've been reading about it but I can't find anything, She has amnesia," Levy added.I sighed sadly and nodded before remembering an important question.

"What color are her eyes?" They both looked at me with confused expressions.

"Are you feeling okay Keiko...?"Levy asked. I rolled my eyes and she sighed. "Well, they're a pale blue colour," She told me. I smiled and hobbled away.

"Great! Thanks, Levy! Mira!" I called out and sat at one of the bar stools. 

A few minutes later I felt hands slither around my waist. I smiled letting the scent of vanilla and pine trees fill my nose.

"Hey Gray," I muttered feeling his head rest on my shoulder.

"Are you okay? It must've been a rough few days," Gray asked me, his eyes showing concern. I nodded.

"I'm fine, Gray," I told him, holding his hand in mine.

"We should go out for dinner," I raised my eyebrows in surprise at his suggestion."I mean, we haven't really been on an official date yet, isn't that kind of important in a relationship?" I thought back and realized, he was right. We had never been on an official date...I guess I saw him so often that I didn't realize. I turned and smiled at him grabbing his collar and bringing his lips to mine.

"I'd love to Gray," I told him during the kiss. 

"Ew! Get a room!" I parted from Gray and laughed as someone yelled that.

"Pick you up at 8?" I nodded and dragged Lucy out of the guild - being sure to be careful with my injuries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ow! Let go of my arm would you!" Lucy yelled obviously annoyed as we reached her apartment."Now, tell e what we are doing here?" She asked and I blushed in embarrassment - nervous to say it to one of my best friends.

"Gray and I are going on a date and I have no idea what to wear," I admitted and Lucy smirked.

"Well, today really is your lucky day, because look who decided to show up," Lucy motioned to the hallway and I turned and saw... Fiera!

I squealed in excitement and ran over to her, ignoring the pain as I did it. "Fiera! I missed you so much!" I told her feeling extremely happy one of my other best friends was here - tbh tho, I have like 50 best friends.

"I missed you too, princess," She told me, surprisingly calm. "Now, I assume you need help with what to wear on this date?" She asked excitedly.I nodded enthusiastically and the girl got to work.

After 3 hours of eyebrow plucking, screaming, outfit choosing and leg shaving, we finally finished. I looked at myself in the mirror. I wore a cream-colored tight-fitting long-sleeved shirt with a relatively short dark red skirt and long black knee-high socks. We paired it with a black winter coat and black heels, as well as some red earrings. My wavy brown hair cascaded down my back and my bangs hung loosely. I wore some light makeup, foundation, blush, eyeliner, mascara and some red lipstick, but nothing too big.

The girls both let out a squeal once they were done, saying how I looked perfect. I looked at the girl in the mirror with admiration.

"Wow..." I muttered, "You two are absolutely amazing!" I told them. They both smiled and then we heard a knock at the door. Fiera went to grab my purse while Lucy headed to see who it was, well obviously knew it was Gray but still.

"Gray! Hold on a second! She's coming!" I heard Lucy chime. Fiera ran back in the room with my white hand purse in hand and gave it to me.

"Go get 'im!" She winked and I smiled, feeling a bit self-conscious and extremely nervous.

I walked over to the door only to see Gray who's jaw seemed to drop to the floor.

"H-hey Gray..." I waved awkwardly and recomposed himself, awkwardly coughing to try and save himself.

"Hey Keiko, you look amazing," He told me making me blush. Lucy stepped in front of me and looked at Gray sternly.

"Now, you better take good care of her and act like gentlemen, make sure she's back here by 12:00... and have a good time," Lucy told Gray acting like my mother. I rolled my eyes and walked out.

Gray held out his hand with a small smirk. "Shall we?" I giggled a bit and placed my hand in his rolling my eyes. 

"We shall."