Don't Let Go ~ 19

We stood still, smirking at each other. Neither of us moving - you could feel the tension in the air. Both of us knew each other's weaknesses and strengths. But I had a few new tricks and I'm certain Sky did too. However, I made the first move.

"Lightning God Dragon: Fist!" I yelled as I ran at her, lightning engulfing my clenched fist. I hit her square in the face and she quickly countered by lifting her shin up and taking the hit against it. I'm certain I heard a crack.

I jumped back and watch her smirk falter but quickly come back. I could see the pain in her eyes, even if she didn't want me too. Her eyes... they threw me off. Before she died they were cerulean blue colour, but now... they were purple a deep evil purple. She no longer looked like the bubbly, innocent girl I used to know. She had changed, but I'm not even sure how she's alive. 

I stood up straighter and smirked, catching her off guard. "It's settled then!"She gave me a questioning look which only made my smirk wider, "I'm taking you back to Fairy Tail!" For a second I saw a shine in her eyes - the girl I knew shone through and I knew she was under a spell, and I would break it.

The shine disappeared and she looked at me blankly. "No one will interfere with the master's plans."She told me in a monotonous voice.

"If those plans involve hurting my friends, I'm gonna be involved,"I told her sassily moving my feet into a defensive stance. She rolled her eyes and lept forward.

"Water Dragons: Roar!" I immediately countered with my howl, knowing it wouldn't be a good idea to try and doge or take it head on. My howl was slightly stronger than hers but the two elements cancel each other out, resulting in a large explosion sending both of us flying in opposite directions.I let out a yelp as my body slammed against a large rock and heard a similar ear-splitting shriek from Sky as her body slammed against something as well. 

I learned a while ago that Sky is very strong - she was probably the toughest opponent I ever faced. Last time she had defeated me but, just like Gray, I'll never lose to the same opponent twice, friend or foe.

Slowly I lifted my bruised body up and walked back towards Wendy only to see her healing an injured Erza. I gave Erza a look asking if she had beaten her opponent and received a minuscule nod in return assuring me that she would be okay. 

I turned and looked in the direction I thought Sky would emerge from and soon enough I saw her figure walking towards me.

Our fights were never really safe. Electricity and liquid. So there were a ton of explosions.

As soon as she was in sight I ran at her, my entire body encased in lightning - both black and yellow. Her body was encased in water and we continuously threw punches and kicks at each other, barely doing any damage aside from the sparks flying as they come in contact with water.

After a few minutes of this, we simultaneously jumped back, panting tiredly. I looked up with a small smile, "I haven't had a good fight like this in ages - but I think this needs to come to an end if we want to make it back to the guild on time." She gave me a cocky smirk and nodded in agreement.

"I don't think the master would approve of me taking longer than necessary - he wants to finish his experiment quickly."She told me glancing over at the laboratory. "Sorry Dreyar, but I'm gonna have to use my forbidden technique." I narrowed my eyes at her before nodding and getting into a different stance.

"Guess it's time to get serious then..." I muttered holding my hands towards the sky. Dark clouds began to form around in swirls as lightning thundered down around me getting closer to Sky as she was lost in the thoughts of her own attack.

'Never get distracted during battle'

The lightning hardened, trapping Sky in a dome that is highly reactive to movement. I moved my hands around in circles above my head bringing the dark clouds closer.When they were just a few metres above our heads I moved my arms in front of m, pointing directly to Sky who had stopped her spell when she was struck by lightning.She stared in horror realising she was trapped and there was no escape from my next attack.

The clouds faded and what was left above my head was a large source of black and yellow lightning - enough to kill someone who wasn't strong enough to take it, but for Sky it would only leave her unconscious for a few days - hopefully long enough to break whatever spell that creep Diano placed on her, if it even was him that did it.

"Secret Dragon God Slayer Art! Lightning Inferno!" I sent the lightning at her and she screamed bringing her arms up to cover herself which only resulted in another painful shock from the lightning trap. I flinched at her ear shattering scream but waited until her body fell and she was knocked out.

I sighed and felt my knees buckle. I smiled when I heard my friends footsteps and them calling out my name. I saw scarlet hair and reached out to grab Erza's hand and smiled at her.

"Take her to the guild... help her... please..." And then I fell into the darkness.

Hey, guys! Been a while huh? Well, good news, School holidays start next Saturday so I'll probably be posting a lot more frequently- however, if I don't, please forgive me I've been very busy and during the holidays I might just want to relax but I will definitely post another chapter during the next month,maybe two. I also would love some feedback on what you guys think about the chapters. Don't be a silent reader!

Hope you enjoyed!

~Frosch!