Going Home

"Wow! That week went by fast!" You say, placing your bag near the door. "Yeah, well, when you're kidnapped and stuck in a computer for three of those seven days, it tends go a little quicker when you get back," Sean says with a smile. "Was it really only three days?" Mark asks. "That's what the date on my phone says," Sean answers. "At least it's not like last time, when they took us for a whole week." "Yeah, that was bad." Mark says. You're surprised at how he can shrug it off.

"You guys really had a lot of trouble with them, didn't you?" You say in a sympathetic voice. "Yeah," Mark replies sadly. "But, now they're gone." "Yeah, I'm really glad they weren't able to get through the new monitor," Sean says. He crosses his arms comfortably. "When do your guys' flights leave?" "Mine leaves at 3:30," Mark says. "4:00," you say. Suddenly, you feel a wave of sadness. "You know," you start, "even though we went through what we did, I'm glad that I could come visit. I really bonded with you guys."

Sean and Mark smile. "I'm glad you came too, (y/n)," Sean says. "Me too," Mark puts in. "We couldn't have done it without you." "Aw, don't say that," you say, now embarrassed. You feel your face turning red. "No, I mean it," Mark argues. "He's s right ya know," Sean says. "With three of us and two of them, we outnumbered them. Plus, you were smart to run out and distact them right at the end. We really might not have made it back here if you weren't with us."

You couldn't hold back a grin if you tried. You hug Mark and Sean tightly. "I love you guys. But just as friends," you say with a giggle. "Don't say that around the fans," Mark grins. The three of you release from the hug. "Feel free to come back anytime," Sean says. "Uh, no," you say. "After all we've been through, you guys are coming to my place." You all laugh. A couple of minutes later, you and Mark head on your separate ways home, each with a bag of cookies that Sean had not-so-eagerly parted with. Even though this week had been an experience you would never forget, that was fine with you.

You wanted to remember.