Chapter 21: Okay

A/N: New title, new cover, same story! (Sounds like an ad campaign :P ) While I'm doing an author's note, I wanted to thank everybody who's been reading; you guys are seriously the most patient angels ever. I especially want to thank @IssyTownsend @BangtanExo1000 and @chiquita1205 for commenting and encouraging me. <3 I also really appreciate @thelifeofaphangirl @FanGirlingNowAllowed and @FaerieDiamond for being my first three followers! Thanks everybody. Now, to the story before BigHit drops another surprise on us ;)

***

I finished transferring all of my files from my work computer to the flash drive, then took one last look through the articles and research I'd done over the summer. Those I would leave, but the stuff I'd gathered on the cases Kim Yeongho had told me about I deleted from the work computer.

I'd learned a lot working in an actual media center, but I wished I hadn't been distracted by everything else going on. My journalism skills could've improved a lot more than they had.

Removing the flash drive, I slipped it into my backpack.

"Chunhwa?" I looked up to see the other two interns standing in front of me.

"Yes?"

"We just wanted to say goodbye," they said.

"We were going to get you coffee, since you drove us to the park so many times, but I dropped it," one of them said.

I smiled crookedly. "That's fine. Have a good year, boys."

"You too! Hope you find the guy who killed your boyfriend!"

I sighed as they walked towards Park Dohyun's office. They had asked me about Hajun almost every day since they'd heard about it. In a way, it was helpful to be forced to talk about his death with a little bit of distance. The passing time helped, too.

Checking my desk space, I straightened the keyboard and threw a stray paper clip in a drawer. I powered down the computer, checking my phone as I waited for the slow older model. Picking up my backpack, I headed to Park Dohyun's office to let him know that I was ready to leave.

"Jeong Chunhwa," he said as I knocked on the open door. "Come in. You're ready to leave, I take it?"

"Yes," I said.

"Thank you for your good work. Let me know if you ever need a reference," he said. "Stay safe, Chunhwa."

I tipped my head. Why would he say that?

Park Dohyun turned back to his work. I gripped the straps of my backpack and asked what had been on my mind for a while - "Sir, did I displease you in some way, or do something wrong? You've seemed to be..." I sighed and shook my head at his sharp look. "Never mind."

He tsked. "Chunhwa, it's very unprofessional to begin to say something and then stop, no matter what the person you're talking to seems to be thinking."

I nodded, shrugging. "I was just wondering if you were avoiding me because you were dissatisfied with my work, or if I was imagining things."

"No, you always do excellent work, Chunhwa. I just thought in light of that phone call I shouldn't do anything to aggravate that psycho."

I felt my eyes and mouth widen. "What phone call? What psycho?" Was this part of the roses?

"I told you about that." He looked at my face, puzzled. "You don't remember?"

"No, I remember nothing about a phone call! You certainly did not tell me."