Promise Broken

For the next couple of weeks, Joe started to actually enjoy being with Demi. They went public with their relationship and the label was happy, since as the fans were going nuts because 'Jemi' was finally true. Nick pretended to be happy for his best friend, but he just couldn't keep up the lie for very long. Danielle knew about the lie because Kevin told her, but there was no way that Danielle would be able to tell Demi the truth. It wasn't anybody's truth to tell except for Joe's. It was him that would eventually end up breaking Demi's heart, not anybody else. 

Demi sat down on the couch beside Nick sat down beside her, handing her the bowl of popcorn. Nick pressed 'Play' on the remote control, an old black and white movie starting on the TV. 

"You're acting different." Demi said softly, picking up a couple of pieces of popcorn and eating them. Nick sighed, looking over at her with pain clear in his eyes. 

"Demi, he's lying to you." Nick said. He knew that Joe had to be the one to tell Demi the truth, but he couldn't take it anymore. The longer it took for Joe to tell Demi what was really going on, the more hurt she'd be. She raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Whose lying to me?"

"Joe... he doesn't love you like you think he does." Nick said, trying to be as gentle as possible, but how could there possibly be a gentle way to tell your best friend that your own brother is playing her? Demi sighed and ate another piece of popcorn. Nick couldn't help but be surprised that she was even eating. He remembered a time when she'd just disappear at meal times then come back randomly at a later time when dinner wasn't really being served anymore and claim that she'd already eaten, when in reality she'd spent the last hour purging and recovering from it. 

"Nick, stop it. I know it's probably weird for you because it's your brother and everything, but-" Demi still wasn't any clearer on what her feelings were for the two brothers. She didn't know what to feel or how to act when she was around the two of them together. 

"It's not because of that! It's the truth! Ask Joe!" Nick urged, jumping when he noticed Joe come into the living room and wrap his arms around Demi as she stayed sat down on the couch. By this point, Demi had tears in her eyes. She didn't want to choose between her best friend and her boyfriend. 

"Ask me wha- Demi, are you crying?!" Joe asked, his eyes widening in worry. Demi just stood up and put the bowl in Nick's lap before starting to gather her things. 

"I have to go home... I can't be here anymore, I'm sorry." Demi's voice was rushed and she didn't even say anything else before running out of the house and jumping into her car, speeding away towards her parents house. She couldn't handle this right now. Joe wouldn't lie to her. He cared about her too much to lie to her, surely? 

Joe turned to Nick after watching his girlfriend run out of the house in tears, his eyes narrowing as Nick stood up to try and defend himself both physically and verbally if need-be. 

"What did you do to her?!" Joe yelled and Nick was about to retaliate when he noticed something, his own eyes narrowing as anger built up inside of him. 

"Your promise ring's gone... YOU BROKE YOUR PROMISE WITH DEMI?!" Nick screamed. 

(i dont own the characters or the sory)