Truth Reveal

Nick pulled Demi back and made her sit down on the stool at the island, but facing Joe. She was crying softly, her hands shaking and Nick knew what made her feel better at a time like this. He started to make her favorite drink, turning on the kettle and getting the hot chocolate stuff out but Demi didn't even notice what he was doing because she was too focused on Joe. The man she'd have to tell that she was expecting a baby with. That she couldn't get an abortion because it wasn't this baby's fault that it was created. It was a mistake, yes, but one that she wouldn't take back. She had a life growing inside of her, depending on her in order to survive and there was no way she'd ever have the strength to kill her own child. 

"You wanna talk to me too?" Joe asked, a hopeful ring in his voice that he couldn't help but put through so Demi and Nick could hear it. He ignored the glares he was getting from his little brother, keeping his eyes locked on his girlfriend. He hoped that Demi wanted to break up with him, so he wouldn't have to tell her the truth. Demi nodded her head, trying to ignore the hopefulness in his voice. 

"Yeah, but you go first." Demi said fast, needing more time to think through how she was going to break the news that he was going to be a father in eight and a half months. Joe mentally sighed, but tried to make it not show in his expression and he sat down beside Demi at the island. Both of them seemed to have forgotten that Nick was there, but he just continued to make Demi a hot chocolate, his back facing them and he tried to be as quiet as possible. 

"Okay, well... I'm just really sorry, alright? You have to believe me when I say that." Joe said genuinely, locking his eyes with hers as he held onto both of her hands. "The label called my Dad months ago and said that they wanted more publicity for us, so... they wanted me and you to date. I don't feel for you in any way other than the way an older brother would love their sister and that night we had sex... it was a mistake and I'm sorry." He rambled. Tears started to fall faster, loud sobs escaping her lips. She couldn't tell him that she was pregnant now. Nick was right. He was lying. If she just listened to him, none of this would have happened. She never would have gotten pregnant, she never would have let herself fall for him. Demi then remembered that Nick was in the room and she turned her head around to face him, noticing that Nick was making hot chocolate.

"Nicky, I'm sorry... for not believing you and for... before... I gotta go." And just like before, Demi just ran straight from the house in hysterics. She could barely see as she drove, but it didn't matter. She'd driven this route enough times to be able to drive it half-blinded by her own tears. The only sound in the car was her sobbing and for the first time, she could have sworn she felt her unborn child, even though she knew it was impossible because it was just a bunch of cells at this point. She should have listened to Nick. She never should have let her walls down and she was determined to never feel like this again. She had to protect her child now, not just herself. 

(i dont own the characters or the story)