Truth Came Out

Demi's P.O.V.

"Jasmine, breakfast is ready!" I called up the stairs and I walked into the kitchen to see Joshua eating his cereal. It broke my heart that even though Jasmine was seventeen years old, she struggled sometimes to eat with utensils because of her dysgraphia. She got frustrated really easily and hated tutoring, but it was helping her. It wasn't that she was behind, because she wasn't, she was so smart, but it was getting essays and assignments done that was the problem because she just couldn't write everything down. Luckily, her school is understanding and lets her do oral reports a lot, so she can just do research at home and talk to her class about the assignment she was given. I smiled when Jasmine came into the room and I pecked her cheek as she sat down. "Are you wearing make-up?" I asked with a smile, raising an eyebrow and she groaned, looking down. "Mom, stop." Jasmine whined and I laughed, rolling my eyes and sitting down beside Joshua as we ate breakfast together. Nick had gone to work early this morning, which was becoming a usual thing.

"She's in love!" Joshua said, yelping when Jasmine kicked him.

"Jasmine, don't kick your brother! You're in love?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and she groaned again, blushing.

"I'm not in love... you're the one that lied to me, so don't even go there with me." Jasmine said and I raised an eyebrow, following her out of the room as she ran out of the room. I grabbed onto her wrist, seeing tears in her eyes.

"Jasmine, what do you mean? I never lied to you about anything before." I said, locking my eyes with hers and Nick came into the house. I still didn't take my eyes away from my daughter.

"Oh yeah? Then how come some guy I never met is my real Dad?!" She yelled right in my face, tears streaming down her cheeks but Nick grabbed hold of her before she could just walk out of the house. I stood there, stunned. She knew about Joe?! I'd never told her anything about Joe before and I made sure that nobody else did. I wanted to wait for another year or so before I told her about him.

"JOSH, GO UPSTAIRS AND PLAY, BUD!" Nick called and I watched Joshua run upstairs with a wide smile on his face because he didn't have to go to school. Jasmine kept trying to wiggle out of Nick's grip, but he wouldn't let her go. "You, young lady, living room. Now. We need to talk." Nick turned her around and pushed her gently into the living room and she sighed, sitting down on the couch on the far side of the room. Nick walked over to me and I burst out crying as he wrapped his arms around me, kissing my head. "It's going to be okay."

"No, it's not! I wanted to tell her, not have her find out for herself!" I cried into Nick's chest and he nodded his head.

"I know, but it's happening right now... we might as well get this over with and just tell her the truth." He said and I nodded, letting Nick lead me into the living room and we sat on the couch opposite the one Jasmine was sat at. Her eyes widened when she saw me crying, even though I tried my best not to let it show.

"Mom, I didn't mean to make you cry..." She whispered and I shook my head, letting her know that it was okay, but I couldn't find my voice anymore.

(NOT MINE)