Sickness

Demi's P.O.V.

I slowly stood up and flushed the toilet with shaking hands and I had to use the wall to guide myself over to the sink without falling over. I rinsed my mouth out with water, groaning as another wave of nausea came over me and I gripped onto the sink, closing my eyes as I took as deep breaths as I could, but even those were shaky.

"Baby, I know we're still getting used to each other, but Mommy really needs to eat something." I whispered, but the nausea didn't go away. If anything, it just got worse. I didn't have anything left in me to throw up anymore. I'd given up eating breakfast because there was no point. I couldn't keep anything down past about eight o'clock at night until about noon the next day so I had four hours to eat in before the whole cycle started all over again. I asked Mom how she coped with this, but she just assured me that it wouldn't last for much longer and that it'd all be worth it when I see my baby for the first time. I hadn't seen or heard from Joe or Nick since as begged them to back off that day, but my family came over every day. Denise had called a few times to ask if I was coming on tour, but I kept saying that I wasn't sure and I'd get back to her about it. I was really just waiting for Nick to tell me that he wanted me to come, then I'd just drop everything and go. I hadn't lost many fans when the news about my pregnancy came out. I got the usual hate that I usually got no matter what I did, but my more loyal fans stayed by my side and said that it'd be the "cutest baby ever". (Any kid that she has would be the most beautiful kid ever! Haha! Damn her for being perfect! :P) If only they knew what Joe was really like, though. I knew Nick had a point with his 'anger management' yelling spree, but I wanted to give Joe a chance. I knew Nick would do all the things that Joe would refuse to do and he'd actually raise this baby like it was his own son or daughter and not his niece or nephew, but I needed to think things through. Just because Nick says he'll do all this stuff for the baby and for me, doesn't mean he will. The baby may get here and he'll end up being just like Joe.

I ran back to the toilet and started to throw up again. Mom always got terrified when she walked into my house and heard me throwing up, not that I blamed her. Not with my past of purging to lose weight. I was definitely losing weight again, but not because I wanted to. I stood up when I was done throwing up and flushed the toilet again. I'd taken to tying my hair back all the time so that wasn't an issue for me anymore and I rinsed my mouth out with water again. My hands were still shaking as I brushed my teeth and headed downstairs to risk eating a bowl of cereal now that the nausea had temporarily seemed to pass. I hadn't even changed out of my pajamas yet, but it wasn't like I was going out anywhere. I couldn't leave the bathroom most of the time because I was getting way too familiar with my toilet. Just as I was about to add milk to my muesli, remembering that Dallas had thrown out all my cereals and replaced it with this rabbit food for a "healthy alternative", there was a knock at the door. I was grateful for that. I dumped the muesli in the trash along with the box it came from and headed for the door, noticing that my hands were still shaking and my legs felt weak. I just felt so heavy and tired all the time now and I was only eleven weeks gone. I instantly woke up, though, when I saw who was waiting on the other side of the door.

(I don't own the story or the characters)