Distress... Bleed

Nick's P.O.V.

My eyes widened as Demi fell back, unconscious.

"Demi, wake up!" I begged, kissing her all over her face for some kind of response, but I got nothing. "Demi, please?!" I was so desperate, tears starting to run down my cheeks. Danielle was already being made to leave the room by one of the nurses, but I just pushed them gently away from me gently as I shielded Demi with my body.

"Sir, the baby is in distress and Demi's heart rate is dropping! Leave before we lose both of them!" One of the nurses close to me said in a stern voice and I let her take me out of the room after that. I couldn't stop crying. I could lose not only my daughter, but my girlfriend. It was all my fault. The doctors said earlier when Demi was still dilating that all of this happened because of stress. She went into early labor because I yelled at her for leaving. Now that I knew why she was going to do it, I understood. She wanted our daughter to have a normal life, she knew I'd want to go with her if she told me about it. Demi couldn't die. I couldn't lose the love of my damn life, she's everything to me. My family came running over to me and I was surprised to see Demi's family here already. Maybe we'd been here for longer than I thought.

"What's going on?! I need to see my baby girl!" Eddie exclaimed, the protectiveness in his voice coming through.

"She... the baby's in distress and she was bleeding and... and she passed out on the bed." Danielle started, tears running down her cheeks. "The nurse said that Demi's heart rate was dropping." Dianna let out a loud sob at that and buried her head into Eddie's chest and Mom started to cry too. Joe had tears in his eyes and I even saw Dad tear up. He hadn't even made an effort to talk to Demi at all over the last couple of months.

"My baby!" Dianna cried into Eddie. I looked back over at Demi's room, crying softly. I couldn't lose Demi. If she died in there, I'd do anything it took for me to join her. A hospital is bound to have some kind of medication I can overdose on and kill myself with. I can't live without her by my side, without that beautiful smile.

It took an eternity, but a doctor finally came out of Demi's room and he just walked right over to me. He had blood on his scrubs. Demi's blood.

(Story and Characters are not mine)