Mistake...But Not

Demi's P.O.V.

When Jasmine was done with the bottle, Miley said she had to go but we exchanged phone numbers before she walked out of the house. I would have hugged her, but I couldn't because of Jasmine.

"Remember, if you need a babysitter..." She trailed off, a wide smile on her face. I laughed and rolled my eyes, holding Jasmine up against my chest so her face was hidden from the paparazzi that were now going crazy taking pictures from across the street.

"I know, I know! I'll call you." We said our final goodbyes before I walked back into the house and I shut the door softly with my foot before going into the living room with Jasmine in my arms. I lay her down on my legs as I sat on the couch, so she was looking up at me and my arms were on either side of her body, my hands resting on the top of her head so she didn't fall off of my legs. I was leaned over her a little bit, but not so much that she got scared. I knew she probably got scared of people being in her face because of the hospital with doctors and nurses always being around and testing her. "It's going to be okay, princess... Mommy and Daddy are going to make sure that nobody ever scares you like that again. I love you so much, baby girl." I whispered, kissing her forehead and I smiled when she reached up with her tiny, starfish hands and touched chin and lips. Tears sprang to my eyes as I remembered that Nick wasn't her father. That I'd probably made the biggest mistake of my life with ever agreeing to date Joe in the first place but I'll never regret Jasmine. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me. "I'd die for you, Jazzy... I love you so much." I kissed the palms of her hands, smiling as she made a loud sort of noise like she was trying to laugh but couldn't and she yawned. I stood up with her lying in my arms and I started to hum to her. The only thing that popped into my head at a time like this was 'Skyscraper', so I just hummed that to her and watched her eyes droop as she tried to stay awake but couldn't. She was asleep by the time the song was over. The front door burst open as I went to go upstairs to put Jasmine down in her crib and I smiled when I saw Nick and he mirrored it, but I motioned for him to be quiet because Jasmine was asleep. He came right over to me and kissed Jasmine's forehead, then kissing me softly. I kissed him back for a minute before pulling away from him. "You want me to take her upstairs?" He asked in a low voice and I smiled, shaking my head.

"No, it's okay. I'll be back in a minute." I whispered, pecking his lips and I headed upstairs with Jasmine and I laid her down in her crib, wrapping the blankets around her so they weren't loose and I kissed her cheek softly, making sure not to wake her up. "Night-night, sweetie." I whispered to my daughter before heading out of the room and downstairs again, smiling wider when I saw Nick waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs.

(Not mine)