Kiss

Nick's P.O.V.

I wasn't sure if Joe was going to be there when we all decided to meet up at my parents house to celebrate the baby's first picture. Demi didn't seem to mind if he was, but I remember the fear in her eyes when Joe grabbed her like that. She had to make the right choices now, because whatever she does will effect her child and I could guess how hard it was for her to decide whether Joe should see the baby or not, but he's always had that anger problem and when he gets very little sleep and is around a crying baby, I don't know how he'd act around this baby. Even if it was a part of him. I looked over at Demi, who was looking down at the sonogram picture and my eyes widened when I saw her crying. 
"Demi... what's wrong? A-Are you in pain?" I was starting to panic because she was so happy before and I was contemplating whether or not to do a U-Turn out of this driveway and head straight back to the hospital. Demi shook her head and looked over at me for a minute, turning the picture so I could see it. 
"This baby... it's all so real now and I... I don't know anything about raising a baby! I'm only twenty, I don't even have the father to help me because I made the dumb mistake of sleeping with Joe and not-" She sighed, running her fingers through her hair. "Not somebody who would stay with us." She whispered, tears running down her cheeks and I pulled her over the gearbox and the small gap in between our two seats so she was sat in my lap. We'd done this before, so she knew it wasn't anything sexual that I was trying to pull. She laid her head on my chest, her feet resting on her original seat. Her arms were around my waist as mine were just around her body to keep her close to me. 
"You don't have to be scared, Demi... every new Mom is going to be scared, but it's not like you're alone. You have me right down the block from you, you have my family and your family. This baby doesn't need Joe, okay? Because someday you're going to find the perfect guy whose going to love this baby like it was his own and... he just won't... ever wanna leave your side and he'll... just wanna kiss you over and over again, feel the rush of your skin against his..." My voice got quieter as I started to say how I felt to her and she sat up properly in my lap, her eyes locking on mine like she could read me. She was always the only person who could read me like a book, way better than anybody had been able to do before. The silence was loud, speaking the words that neither of us ever really said before. She started to lean in and I did the same, both of us closing our eyes and I couldn't help but smile when I felt her lips brush against mine. I'd waited for this moment ever since we first met and it was even better than I imagined it being. I closed the gap between us and kissed her.

(I dont own the characters or the story)