My Baby

Nick's P.O.V.

When I woke up, my eyes widened when I saw Demi sat up on the bed bottle-feeding Jasmine and looking down at her with a wide smile on her face. It was dark outside. I stretched, letting out a groan of pain as my back ached from lying on such an uncomfortable couch and Demi looked over at me with a smile.

"Hey there, Daddy." She said with a smile, making me chuckle and I got up from the couch and stood by the bed, kissing her lips softly and I looked down at Jasmine as she drank from the bottle. She was nearly done with it, her eyes drooping closed and opening again after a second.

"You okay? I didn't mean to be asleep for so long." I admitted and Demi smiled, nodding her head and I pecked her lips again. I could kiss her for the rest of my life and I'd never get enough of this feeling of her skin against mine.

"I'm fine, you slept through Jasmine's hunger tantrum." She said with an eye-roll, making me chuckle and I looked down again at Jasmine to see her practically asleep but she was still drinking from the bottle that was nearly empty.

"Hunger tantrum?"

"Oh yeah, hunger tantrum. Dallas was holding her and she started to fuss, then she was full-on crying for a whole half hour while my parents tried to find a nurse so I could feed her." She said, sounding exhausted. She had dark circles under her eyes that gave away how tired she was. When the bottle was empty, Demi just put it down on the table by the bed and she went to burp her, but I took Jasmine from her slowly and I kissed Jasmine's forehead as I held her against my chest, starting to rub her back slowly and gently to burp her.

"You get some sleep, babe. I got this." I assured Demi, but she sighed and looked from Jasmine to me.

"I'm fine, Nic-" I cut her off, giving her a small smile and shaking my head.

"Just get some rest, alright? I'll take Jasmine on a walk around the hospital to give you some quiet time." I suggested and Demi groaned, knowing she wasn't going to get away with refusing to sleep. She sighed and laid down on the bed, pulling the blankets more over herself.

"I love you." She said and I smiled, pecking her lips as I kept rubbing Jasmine's back.

"I love you too." I said softly, watching her fall asleep and I walked out of the room with Jasmine in my arms after I'd managed to wind her. I wrapped the blanket tighter around Jasmine, laying her down in my arms as I walked around the hospital with my daughter. "You're so beautiful, baby girl... just like your Mommy. You can't come home with us for a while, but we'll always be here for you, angel. We'll get your room all set up for you, then you can forget about all the scary doctors and nurses and look forward to me and Mommy always being around to take care of you. I wish I was your real father, Jasmine... but I'm not. I promise I'll be your Daddy, I'll be the one to teach you how to walk, how to talk and how to ride a bike... I'll comfort you after your first love breaks your heart. Me and your Mommy, we'll always be around for you." I whispered, kissing her forehead as she fell asleep in my arms, looking just as peaceful as Demi did when she fell asleep. She looked just like her mother. Beautiful.

"Nick!" A familiar voice called and I turned around, my eyes widening when I saw who it was.

(Story and characters are not mine)