Shock

Demi's P.O.V.

Over the next couple of weeks, it started to come out in the press that Nick and I were together and I lost even more fans, not that I really cared or noticed anymore. All that mattered to me was Nick and our baby. Joe hadn't really changed that much. He tried for a while, then had some kind of argument with Nick one morning but they stopped talking when I walked into the room and Joe just hasn't even looked at me since. The only questions he asks are health related, like: "How's the baby?" and "You feel okay?" and that's it. Since as Nick and I were pretty much public now, we went out on dates whenever the boys had time off and we were spending the night somewhere. Half the time, I didn't even know where I was but I didn't care. I had Nick and that's all that mattered. 

I smiled tiredly as Denise handed me breakfast before I was even fully out of the bunk area. 
"Wow, I could get used to this kind of service." I joked, sitting down at the table and picking up a fork from the pile in the middle of the table. I smiled at Danielle as she sat across from me, making kissy faces to mock Nick and I from last night at some restaurant. I kicked her under the table and she stopped. 
"Hormonal asshole!" Danielle hissed, making me laugh and she laughed too, rubbing her leg at the same time. Luckily, Denise didn't hear her. She would have gone nuts if she heard Danielle calling me any insulting names. Nick would do the same thing if he didn't have to go to soundcheck so early, but he wouldn't let Danielle live to see another day if he heard her. 
"We have to make sure that mother and baby are well fed." Denise said with a smile, sitting down beside me at the table. I ran my fingers through my hair and eating a bite of the pancakes. The medication helped with the throwing up part of the morning sickness, but I still felt nauseous constantly. The only reason I ate was because I knew my baby needed me to. 
"I swear, I'm huge... my baby's probably stealing all my food." I mumbled, making Denise laugh and she rubbed my arm for a moment before turning back to her own breakfast. I liked these moments, just the three of us. Camilla always went with Joe and Paul went with the boys wherever they had to go, which was good. I still didn't really talk to him that much. 
"Honey, you're twenty weeks pregnant... just wait till you have him or her, they'll always be hungry." Denise warned and I raised an eyebrow at her, making her laugh. 
"I'm gonna spend a fortune in formula then." I said, more to myself than to anybody else as I took another bite of pancakes. "Formula? Aren't you gonna breastfeed?" Danielle asked, taking a bite of her cereal. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, placing one of my hands on my stomach as I ate another bit of pancake. 

"I'd love to, but I can't." I admitted and she raised an eyebrow in confusion. "I'm on bipolar meds and I can't pass that on to my baby, Dani." I explained and she seemed to understand because she nodded her head. 
"Isn't it harming the baby to take them now?" Denise asked and I shook my head slowly.
"I asked my doctor about it and he said it's fine, I'm cutting back on the amount I take anyway... I take one pill twice a day instead of two." I admitted and Denise raised an eyebrow. I sighed and looked down at my pancakes. "I know it sounds stupid, but I don't want... to lose this baby. It may not be planned and be a bastard child made out of wedlock-" I was cut off by Denise who made me look at her, she had a serious and stern look on her face as her eyes locked with mine. 
"Don't... don't think like that, okay? Sure this baby wasn't planned and having sex with Joe in the first place may have been a mistake, but God works in mysterious ways and this will be the best thing that will ever happen to you, I promise... and Nicholas will be there for this child, no matter what happens. I've never seen him so in love before and I can't thank you enough for bringing out the true Nick." Denise said, letting go of my face and right as I went to ask her why on Earth she was thanking me, my eyes widened and I looked down at my stomach, placing my hand over it in complete shock.

(I dont own the story or the characters)