OUR FIGHT

Nick's P.O.V.

I came out of soundcheck through the back door to the venue where the tour buses were only parked a little way across the parking lot and my eyes widened when I saw Demi walking slowly towards the sidewalk with a suitcase.

"DEMI, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" I found myself yelling. I didn't mean to yell at her, it just slipped out in my shock and anger to see her like that. She jumped a little bit as I rushed over to her and I tore the suitcase from her hands and threw it behind us, making it land with a loud thud on the ground.

"Nick, stop it!" Demi begged, tears streaming down her face and I could see in her eyes that she was in pain. She told me this morning that her back was hurting her more than ever now and her face scrunched up a little bit, her hand going on her stomach, rubbing it slowly to try and make the pain go away. I would have been worried about her, but I was just too angry.

"YOU WERE GONNA LEAVE WITHOUT SAYING GOODBYE?! DIDN'T YOU THINK ABOUT ME?! DON'T YOU LOVE ME ANYMORE OR SOMETHING?!" I screamed right in her face and I could see fear flash through her eyes as she looked up at me with her hand still on her stomach with that pained look still on her face. I wanted to calm down so I could try and make her pain go away, but I couldn't.

"IT'S BECAUSE I LOVE YOU THAT I'M LEAVING! I DON'T WANT MY DAUGHTER TO SEE THE WORLD FROM THE INSIDE OF A TOUR BUS AND BE HOUNDED BY YOUR ADORING FANS! I DON'T WANT ME AND MY DAUGHTER TO BE THE REASON THAT WE BREAK UP! ALL THIS TIME I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT NOTHING ELSE EXCEPT FOR YOU, SO FORGIVE ME FOR FINALLY DOING WHAT'S RIGHT FOR MY DAUGHTER!" She yelled back, her voice shaky as tears rolled down her cheeks faster and the pained expression on her face got more noticeable. I laughed with no humor and shook my head slowly.

"I would have protected her from that life, Demi. I don't want that for her, either and I think maybe you leaving to have her back in LA would be a good idea, but you could have at least talked to me about it! Not even a goodbye?" I walked away towards the tour bus and I knew Demi was following me because I could hear her calling my name. I slammed the tour bus door in her face as she went to follow me inside.

"Nick, please?! Open the door! I'm sorry! I'm really sorry, Nick, please just talk to me!" The pain in her voice was coming through more and more now. It took all my strength to not go right out there and kiss her until she forgave me for yelling at her like that. I was just so heartbroken that she was going to leave without saying goodbye that it just blinded me of everything else. "Nick, please open the-" She cut herself off and I lay back on the couch, staring up at the ceiling in the hopes that she'd just walked away and given up. "NI-NICK, MY W-WATER BRO-BROKE!" She suddenly yelled, sounding hysterical and my heart started to pound against my chest as I sat up slowly.

"You're just saying that to make me open the door!" I accused her, raising my voice to make sure she'd hear me.

"FOR FUCK SAKE, NICK! AH!" She let out a loud whimper of pain and I knew she wasn't kidding. My eyes grew wide with shock and fear, my heart pounding against my ears. The baby was coming. Two months early.

(NEITHER OWN THE CHARACTERS NOR THE STORY)