Bonus Post: Fun Facts (1 - 10)

So for the first bonus post, I figured I would list some fun facts from my creative process. I hope you find it interesting!

1. Sinclair Monastère was originally Sinclair Pensionnat (French for boarding school). Why? I was playing Persona 3 on PS2 at the time and thought that a group of teens living together fighting evil was cool, lol!

2. Narodnaya, the land Yelena and Janus are from, is actually a mountain (range?) in Russia. I just typed "Russian Mountains" into Google and that's what I got!

3. Yelena’s name should probably be "Jelena" to match the spelling/pronunciation of Janus, but I just don't like how "Jelena" looks!

4. If you haven't noticed by now, 3 languages (besides English) influence this world. They are French, Japanese, and Russian.

5. Yelena was originally named Tatiana. I changed it because I didn't like the way “Tatiana Sergeyevna” sounded and I wanted her patronym to be Sergeyevna. I eventually made her sister Tatiana.

6. Eustis was almost named Guion until I felt that I was taking the hidden meanings if the names too seriously.

7. Ancil Bellerose was originally Raphael Bellerose. I learned that the French spelling and pronunciation are a bit different, so I changed it to keep it simple. I didn't want a name I couldn't say properly!

8. Yelena was originally supposed to be kinda ditzy. A friend read a draft I wrote and said her stupidity seemed forced. Back to the drawing board!

9. Fuyutsuki, Setsuna’s Surname, I got directly from the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion. I'm indifferent to the character in Eva, I just like the name!

10. I don’t want to use tropes, but I used a few unwilling; the first chapter has a shower scene! *facepalm*. Another cliché, Setsuna is kind of tsuntsun/tsundere... but it makes sense once you really know her story! Please give her a chance!

I have many more (admittedly more interesting) fun facts I can share. Sadly, I can't tell them without giving some plot away : (

That’s all for now! Thanks for reading!!