C11: Panic

"Nice to see your whining ass up this fine morning." I said sipping my coffee.

Steve stumbled off the couch, looking around in confusion.

"What?"

He looked down at the couch, seeing my grey blanket that he was just covered in, flipping the switch in the back of his mind.

"Oh god... I'm sorry... I was tired."

"So now you complain when you're tired?"

I glared at him and waited for him to get defensive, but he didn't.

"Yeah it's a learned habit from Natasha, back when I lived in the tower."

"The Avengers tower?" I questioned.

"Uh yeah I lived there a few years back before I moved to D.C. to be with S.H.I.E.L.D."

I mouthed an 'oh' and got up from the counter to walk over to the coffee pot. I poured the last bit in another glass for Steve and handed it to him as he stumbled into the kitchen.

"Thanks." He mumbled.

I took another sip of my coffee, and as I brought the glass down from my face, Steve coughed.

That's it, Steve coughed...

And I began to feel the rush of something all so familiar.

My pulse was racing as I set my cup down on the counter and closed my eyes.

It sent me into a whirlwind of overwhelming memories.

"Steve?"

He was coughing, it was awful, and it wasn't stopping.

"...I...cant...breathe..." he reached out for me.

I remember the feeling so distinctly. I was scared. I was scared to death.

"Shh it's okay Steve..." I said as I caught his body falling to the ground.

"Steve?"

A mutter.

"Steve?!"

No response.

"STEVE?!"

I was panicking, freaking out, I still remember how it felt... like I was reliving the moment.

I grabbed my head in pain, wincing as my thoughts kept reeling forward.

"SARAH!"

"Bucky what happened?"

"He's not moving. He's not breathing. What's wrong with him?!"

What's wrong with him? A thousand things were running through my mind, but I only cared about one.

"Bucky?" I heard Steve calling out to me, grabbing my arm. "Buck talk to me, what's going on?!"

"You...you...you're suffering...I'm freaking out...the pain it won't stop." I muttered, almost screaming.

Younger me was still freaking out, I was running as fast as I could to go get help.

Dr. Allen. The name of the doctor I went to get.

He was there with Sarah and Steve, but they pushed me out. I was sitting on a couch, crying.