Secret Ballerina

That next morning Trent and I sat in my living room going over chemical compounds for his finals.

"What is sulfuric acid Trent? We've been over this, you can do it"

He thought for a minute staring up at the ceiling tapping his pencil to the notebook.

"Sulphuric acid. H2SO4, also called oil of vitriol, or hydrogen sulfate, dense, colourless, oily, corrosive liquid.

"Correct! You'll totally ace this test" I grinned nodding in belief

"I should. I've been a rusting non stop for the pass month with an uptight tutor. I'll be damned if I don't pass" he teased seriously. 
"I'm not uptight. I just know what I want and I work for it. Is that wrong?" I paused my cleaning process to eye Trent.

His eyes were playful with a smug look as always.

"Not at all"

I cleared  my throat at the uncomfortable silence, he was watching me. I can feel it.

Once I was finished I headed to the kitchen.
"Would you like something to drink? Water? Soda?"
"Nah I'm good. Thanks"
"Sure" I nodded uncapping a full bottle of Poland Spring, I loved the taste. This was the only water I drank.  

"So how's the speech going?" He asked from behind me. I looked over my shoulder, he stood by the archway, arms folded feet crossed at the ankles.

"I think it's good. I'm not sure yet" I shrugged placing the bottle in the counter behind me.

"Are you willing to share?" He took a step closer leaning on the island in front of him.
I shook my head shyly
"No. It's bad" I whispered hanging my hang. I was horrible at writing speeches, it took me a month to write my previous one. I worked with Melanie. Never. Again.

The pressure was unbearable. General Anxiety was the worst.

"Why not?" I saw him move, he was in front of me seconds later. I stared at his sneakers, they were black Nike's.

"Kendyl"
"Hmm" I tugged my lower lip between my teeth.
"Look at me" The motion of my head shaking "No" brought my hair in my face.

"Kay" Trent cupped my cheeks lifting my head, tucking my crazy frizzed hair behind my ears. I held his gaze watching his eyes change from cloudy gray to an icy blue.

The pressure of my teeth sunk into my lip, I then releasing it, his intense stare followed my action. His gaze darkened switching from my eyes to my lips.

OMG. Is he gonna kiss me? I really want him too.

I eyes drifted closed as he leaned forward
"Your lip is bleeding" he whispered against my skin.

Did I misinterpret the sign? How embarrassing.

"Okay" my voice merely audible

I covered my flushed face excusing myself to the bathroom. Shutting the door behind me, I sunk against it body dropping to the floor.

I let out an exhausted sign dropping my head on my knees.
"What am I even doing? I'm crushing on Trent Wilson, a guy totally out of my league"

I was extremely frustrated and confused all at once. Then I remembered, there was a  way for me to relief stress. I have been so preoccupied with him that I forgot.

Taking a quick shower I changed into a pair of black spandex shorts, pink sports bra underneath a green flow short-sleeve dress and brown sandals. My hair was kept in bun loosely on top of my head.

"Hey I'm going. Something came up" Trent blurted as soon as he saw me descend the stairs.
"Good because I'm going out"
"Where are you going?" He asked shrugging on his jacket.
"Out. We'll talk later"