Confession Obsession

*EDITED
Read note at end
THIS IS A ROUGH ROUGH DRAFT. Sorry for the mistakes and grammatical errors in advance.

One month later....

It's been a month since Melanie and  Porter last spoke and it was driving me insane. We were hanging out 24/7, don't get me wrong I love Mel with all my heart but I do need my space. Even Trent's been a little antsy due to the conflict between the two, his tutoring sessions were dwindling down from three times a week to nothing.

Her constant home visits and lunches dates were putting a damper on Trent and I's "relationship", it was getting harder to fake date when Mel was with me all the time. But unfortunately today we met at one of our favorite places.

Every week was a different venue, I was beyond frustrated we constantly argued  about how childish she was being. I knew she was hurting, it was written all over her face. For being friends for 11 years she was one of the easiest people to read.

"Why do we have to do this? You know I'm broke!" I whined checking  my phone. I was suppose to meet Trent for another tutoring season before his practice in a few hours.

We entered "Millie's diner", the most popular diner downtown.

We sat in the back booth closest to the large panel window, her favorite spot.

"Mel? An hour Mel!" I tapped my phone screen repeatedly emphasizing the time.

She sat scanning the menu deciding on what to order, while I was low key panicking.

"Oh stop whining will you. If it makes you feel better I'll pay for your brunch" She said grinning at me

Eh.. I'm here might as well get some free food.
I shrugged grabbing the menu.

"Well in the that case-" I watched Mel blush bright red as a waiter named Mike approached our table.

"Are you ladies ready to order?"
He asked placing two glasses of orange juice in front of us.

I looked up from my menu to find that Melanie a flustered mess. Closeup, Mike was an attractive guy.

He has dark skin, short cut hair and surprisingly white teeth.

So Mel's type.

"Um yes I'll have your five cheese omelette. Please" she stuttered.

I rolled my eyes suppressing a giggle.

"And for you young lady?" He asked directing his gaze to me.

"I'll have three buttermilk pancakes, four french toast and two eggs-scrambled please"

I grinned politely batting my lashes.

Mouth agape, Melanie shook her head.

"Will do—"
We handed over the menus.

She stared at me utterly speechless.

"Your food will be right with you" he walked away.
I nodded.

"What!" I laughed
"Really? I said I'd pay. That doesn't mean put me in debt" she exclaimed wiping the minor drawl from her chin.