A Friendly Rivalry

The next day, Trent stood next to my locker waiting. He checked his watch for the second time in that minute.

Once he looked up, he took to his full height.
"Nice piercing" he said referring to my exposed belly ring.

I wore a white sleeveless crop top, mid-rise denim skinny jeans and black block heel ankle boots. To give myself some height.

I rolled my eyes, annoyed at him and also the fact that Porter nor Melanie were to be seen.

They haven't spoken to me since yesterday, my disappointment faltered when I glanced behind Trent. Whom, I hadn't noice, was speaking to me.

He followed my gaze, taking a step back.

Melanie waved at me, her waved hair flowed as she walked, heels clacking against the beige tiles.

She wore a baby pink floral/white chiffon blouse and brown tassel booties.

"Kendyl Hey" she waved jogging over.
Trent parted to the side, taking her in.
I narrowed my eyes, tight lipped.

"You look great Mel"
"Oh thanks" she blushed

No way

"Can you not flirt with my friend"
He smirked
"Want me to flirt with you instead?" He leaned in, whispering in my ear

"I think you're fucking hot when you're mad"

I pushed him away glaring, my chest burned bright red.

I looked at my beautiful smiling friend.

"Why haven't you called me?" I asked. She frowned.

I was heartbroken and stressed for the pass 24 hours, I barely slept nor did I do homework.

"I just—I'm sorry. I've been tying to figure myself out with Porter and all. But we can hang out tomorrow, it's Saturday" she did a little jig with her shoulders and eyebrows
"Sur—" I began
"She can't—"
We turned to look at Trent, wide eyed.
"And why not?"
"Because we have a something very important tomorrow. Remember" he spoke through grip teeth.

I was so confused, what the hell was he talking about?
I dismissed his comment
"Ignore him—"
"Kendyl let me just...I'll borrow her for a quick second" he tugged my arm pulling me a few feet away from Melanie, who looked somewhat disoriented.
"What is it! What do you want?"
"I need you"
"Excuse me!" I crossed my arms over my chest

He rolled his eyes running his fingers through his hair.
"Kendyl?" Mel called
"Babe I'll be right there. I'm coming"

He grabbed my arm
"Before you do, just listen it what I have to say. Please"

He gaze was sincere, it bore into mine, pleading.
I sighed.

"Fine speak. You got—"
I checked my watch
"—3 minutes"

He breathed out a sigh.
"Have you told anyone about my situation?"
"Your situation?" I was baffled once again.

What the heck was he talking about.

"The tutoring. Some guys found out and have been nagging me about it."
"So?"
"So. Did you tell anyone?"

I really couldn't believe this. Did he really think I was that desperate for popularity? That I would tell when I promised not  to.
"You have some nerve" I laughed bitterly looking away, I willed myself not to over react and punch him.
"Kendyl I'm being serious"
"And so am I. I can't believe you think that low of me"

He laughed rubbing his face in aggravation.

"I wasn't sure what your intentions were in the first place but now I think I know"
"What? Please, enlighten me"

Oh I couldn't wait to here this.
"You like me. That's why you decided to help me, you're trying to get at me"

Was he serious? I'm so over this bullshit.
"YOU SELF ENTITLED MORON! I can't even believeee you'd think I want you. Bleh-"

A group of students looked in our direction.
"-I only did that out of the goodness of my heart and you think I'm trying to get with you. Ugh!"

I pushed passed him dragging Melanie with me.
"Unbelievable"

~|~|~

For the whole day Trent continuously tried to apologize to me. I call this total bull, one apology won't work. Not with me buddy.

"Kendyl I'm sorry. Can you please just talk to me?" He followed closely behind me, I purposely ignored him and his existence.
"No. Trent I won't. I just can't believe you think that lowly of me."
"I said I'm sorry. What more do you want from me"
"I want you TO LEAVE ME ALONE!" I took the stairs two at a time, making my way to the third floor.

Trent pulled my arm off the door handle, slamming it shut. His palm rest on it, keeping it closed.
"Look. I don't know what else to say to you, or do to make you happy—"

He trialed off looking over his shoulder.

Three freshmen girls whispered amongst themselves, moving up to the fourth floor. They pointed at me, whispering louder this time.
"Isn't that Cece's boyfriend? Why is he with some girl?"
The blonde said.

She must be one the cheer squad with Melissa. She was the only one that called Celine, Cece.

"I don't know, but she very cute" they giggled exiting the stairwell.
"Can I go?" He looked down at me again, his hair brushed my forehead.

"All I'm saying—" he moved it behind his ear.

"—is that, I still I need a tutor and you told Mr. B you would do it"

I thought for a moment, biting lip in concentration.

"Fine" he took a step back, his body heat no longer bringing me warmth.
"Fine. See you after class" he opened the door slamming it behind him.

Unexpectedly YouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara