Happiness Made For Two

I will come back edit this with a new chapter. Just something to post 😊

Jumping the broom.

*previously*

"Its the contract you asked for...For the Ellen show" she concluded after seeing my confused expression.

"Oh.Ooohhhh" she smiled nodding her head

"You are the best Cara. Did I tell you how much I loved you?" I signed the paper graciously

" Mmmm, maybe once or twice" she teased placing the signed document in her folder.

"Come on let's go get lunch" I nudged her looping my arm through hers.

*Present.....

"So mom how have you been?"

We sat outside a mini Café not too far from Ellen's studio in Burbank. Backstage Cafe was the name.

They had the best cold and hot sandwiches. I ordered a Granny Smith turkey sandwich ( Turkey, apple slices cheddar cheese, lettuce mayo and Dijon). Cara got a B.L.T and since she was 'vegetarian' now she got vegetarian meatball sub (veggie meatballs, marinara sauce, provolone cheese on a soft French roll)
"I'm great baby. I missed you so much, your father says he misses you by the way"

I haven't spoken to my father since he bought me my car. He married his secretary and had a kid, my niece Brooke. I never got to see her nor him and I liked it that way.

Him and my mother were on good terms now, I on the other hand hated his guts.

"Hmm" was my response. Cat noticed the awkward silence.

"Ms. Rodrigez have you seen Albany mall yet?"

"No where is that?"

Both Cara and I looked at each other.

"We'll have to go after lunch"

~~
One week later....

Time had passed so suddenly. It felt like just yesterday, Porter, Mel, Trent and I were walking the halls of WestBrooke High.

Now two and a half years later my brother and his longtime girlfriend are getting married, they already have three children. Time really flies.

Trent, Mel, Jordan and I sat in the benches of the church we came to everyday Sunday and some weekdays. Renae opted for a traditional wedding, that's how her parents got married, in this same church actually. A small town in Long Island.

They died when she was eighteen, from a drunk driver.

(Church below)