Making a Deal

This outfit is super cute <3. Last chapter I'm not sure if you all liked it, it was written okay but not my best work but you get the gist. Enjoy. Read the note at the end!

Two weeks later...

It's been two weeks since I last seen Trent and it was great.
France and I went out on many dates since school  was out for regents week. I hated exams, they were the death of me.

Tomorrow the break was over and my wonderland would end.

I sat in the living room of Melanie's house, feet propped up on the coffee table.
"What are you going to do when you see Trent tomorrow?" She asked munching on a snicker bar.
I groaned pulling the huge hood of my sweatshirt tighter over my head, my hair was a matted mess underneath.

"I don't want to even to think about him right now. He's a jackass" I hissed grabbing a fist full of caramel corn to stuff my face.
"Kendyl seriously! You've been at it for weeks and I'm starting to think that you like him"

What! As if.

"No! Absolutely not" I sat up dropping my feet on the ground with a thud.
"Yeah yeah we'll see" she smirked knowingly

~~~
Two days into classes and I was ready to leave already. It's mid May, almost June and it was already going be to shit. All my classes for the new marking period included Trent in all my freaking classes and in addition to that, I was made Valedictorian and Student Body President and Celine freaking Mitchell was Salutatorian and my Vice President.
How? I don't even know man.

So basically she was right hand man, well woman. We had to spent lots of time together to figure out how the curriculum will run and the best theme for the homecoming dance. I was a mess, I hated that she held such power over my head. It was just a trail run though, but still.

I was slowly going insane.

"Hey girly" Melanie ran up to me, sliding next to my locker.
"Hi" I replied sulking
"Whoa what's wrong?" Melanie turned me to face her.
"My life is over" I hung my head in aggravation, hunching my shoulders.
"Babe. It is because of Celine?" I nodded, my bun flopping up and down at the movement.
"Oh babe" she pulled my limp body into a sweet embrace, I sighed in content.

I needed this.

When we pulled away, I took in her appearance.
"Wow Mel you look great! Is this that love glow I see"
She blushed hiding behind her hands.
"I know! Kevin and I are so happy. It's only been two weeks and I'm head over heels"

Melanie started online dating a few months back to get over that Porter and Renae fiasco.

"Just be careful babe. This online dating thing can be pretty scary. But I'm happy for you"
I truly was, I just wish I could be happy too.
"Thanks Kay. You look great by the way" she grinned taking in my outfit.

It was a matching set, a black high waisted skirt and bralette top, my hair was in a cute messy bun.

"Thanks. You too. That dress"
Melanie wore a yellow off the shoulder dress with taupe wedges sandals.

It complimented her golden skin complexion completely.

"I'm meeting Kevin today at Dollie's."
Dollie's was a local cafe us high schoolers go to after school, they had the best sandwiches and baked goods.

"That's amazing..." my voice trailed off as I peered over Mel's shoulder.

Trent and Celine were openly flirting. She touched his shoulder running her fingers down his chest, he stood there emotionless. His expression unreadable.

Mel followed my gaze then frowned

"It will get better. Just hang in there"  she smiled hugging me once more.

When the bell rang we parted ways.

Melanie rushed off in the opposite direction, books clutched to my chest. I dragged my feet to another day of hell.
"Sup ugly" my shoulder was harshly bumped making my books fall to the ground.

I rolled my eyes picking them up.

Celine stood in front of me grinning like the Cheshire cat from  Alice In Wonderful.
"What do you want?"
"I saw you checking out my boyfriend"
"You mean ex?" She frowned glaring at me
I kept quiet
"Ex for now. But we'll back together, just wait and see. So stay away from him! Just because you did all that shit for him a few months ago doesn't change anything. I'm his girlfriend not you" she hissed walking away

Can this day get any worse?

~~~
It was lunch time now and Melanie, Porter and I were about to go out to grab ourselves a sandwich.

Suddenly Trent approached us. I groaned inwardly
"Hey Kendyl can we talk?" He stopped in front of me, hands in his pockets shyly.
"I have nothing to say to you" I quickly walked around him, he grabbed my elbow slowing my movements
"Kay please I-"
"Hey she said no" Porter removed his hands off me, glaring.

Trent onced me over nodding
"Okay" he walked away kicking a trash can in the process.

I winced at loud echoing sound, I glanced over my shoulder just in time to see him run his fingers through his hair in frustration.

Did he cut it?

Why do you care? I don't. Kendyl you don't care.
"You okay?" I nodded
        ~~~
France and I sat at a booth in the cafe we went on our first date. We've been together for three weeks and I was swooning. He's a complete gentleman.
"Doll are you alright? You've been distant since we got here"
I forced a smile
"Yeah I'm fine. What would like to order?" I took up the menu scanning it but not retaining anything

Honestly, I was not fine. I've been thinking about Trent the whole time. What was he going to ask me?

"Kendyl" I looked at France, a frown present on his face.
"Huh?"

"I asked if you wanted to try the...you know what never mind let's just go"

He got it his feet walking towards  the exit
"Hey France. Wait" I chased after him, receiving many questionable looks from people from our school.
He paused turning to face me, a soft smile on his lips.
"Riddle me this. Is it him?"

I was shocked, that he knew. I could never lie to him.

"He said something to me today that got me a bit confused that's all. But it's nothing I promise"

"If it's nothing then why can't you stop thinking about him. It's been two weeks Kendyl and you've worn that same look on your face.

"I do hope to believe for your sake that you're telling the truth. But from where I'm standing you are clearly not over him, I really don't want to be anyone's rebound. So call me when you've figured things out" France took in my shocked expression and moved in. He kissed my forehead caressing my arms, he pulled away gazing down at me.
"I leave for England in a week. I hope to see you before then"

He sighed pulling me to his car

"Come on let me drive you home" And with that he was gone.

Guys  I'm so sorry it was SO SHORT! I have major writers block so the updates will be even slower. This chapter was crappy I know :( If you have any thoughts on the progress of the story let me know. I'm open to opinions :)
Don't forget to
Vote
Comment and
Follow ❤️