Okay Tinkerbell. I hear you

WILL EDIT LATER DARLINGS THANK U ALL SO MUCH FOR 4K READS IN TWO WHOLE DAYS ❤️ YOU GUYS SERIOUSLY ROCK, THANK U ALL SO MUCH 😭.

Later that night Trent stopped me home for dinner.
"You know you can come in right" I said turning to face after unlocking the door, I heard the television loudly playing the in the background.

" I know" he nodded staring

"Why are you looking at me like that" I slightly blushed, Trent took a step closer coming up the last step. He stood at his full height, 6'2.

"Because I'm wondering if you're truly as happy as you looked tonight"

"I am. I promised" I laughed looking at my feet then back to him.

The moment our eyes locked I knew the atmosphere changed, immediately Trent's expression grew more serious as his hand reached out to caress my cheek.

My breath caught instantly at the feather like touch.

"Trent?" My brow quirked at the sudden sensation

"I'm sorry Kendyl"

"I know. And I forgave you already" I stressed in confusion

"I know you did but I feel like I still need to make it up to you" He removed  his hand shoving it in bye pocket.

"Didn't you just do that? We just went to-"

"Will you be quiet woman!" He laughed at my reaction. I pulled my lips into my mouth, eyes wide.

"Let me make it up to you okay? When your next dance you things?"

"On Sunday but I SWEAR TO GOD TRENT IF YOURE MESSING WITH ME I WILL-"

"Shhhh. Jesus woman just let me love you!" He teased laughing

Let me love you? What does that even mean.

"Whatever sorry"

"See you Saturday" he pulled me closer for a hug initially I thought was brief but actually being a soft hug. Trent's hands were placed on the small of my back, his cheek resting on my head. My arms were wrapped tightly around his abdomen, as I placed my head against his chest. His breathing was calm, normal paced.

I, on the other hand, was buzzing on the inside, numerous butterflies were going haywire in the pit of my stomach. I wasn't breathing. I held my breathe, as if releasing it would trigger his immediate reaction to feel my heart hammering against my chest.

Once we slowly released me, he waved off walking back to his 1980s cherry red pickup truck. After going inside, i let out the long breath I was holding.

"God I felt like I was dying" I said to no one in particular.

"Who was dying?" I jumped at the unexpected voice

Melanie appeared from the kitchen with a glass of milk.

"Christ Mel you scared me" I pt my chest lightly to calm my heart.