Daddy

Harry was jostled as he was put down on the bed. Harry whimpered and let the empty bottle fall from his lips, he couldn't enjoy it now, he was cold and lonely. He looked around for Snape and saw him stalking after Mcgonagall talking very low and very fast.

He stopped moving to hear what they were saying and felt his eyes tear up, he knew it.

"Minerva have you ever considered that maybe I don't want him?!"

"Severus we both know you do, stop this foolishness you care for the boy!"

"I have never-"

"You do, the way you were looking at him as you fed him is proof enough for me."

"No it is-"

"Yes Severus it is-"

"No you moronic woman I will ne-"

"Severus really stop acting like a child."

"I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BE A FATHER!" Snape yelled just as MInerva was stepping into the floo. she froze and turned around a sad expression on her face

"You do, I've just seen it. You will be a great one Severus, do not let the fear of hurting him stop you, you won't." She said it softly but for all Harry cared she could have yelled it.

Did he want Snape? Did anyone care about his opinion? If he were honest with himself, he could think of no one better at this point, but wasn't the man a Master? But he had used a 'Daddy Voice'.... He had lied all these years. Harry looked at the man. Did he want to spend the rest of his life with him? Yes, he did. He was one of the only people in the world he could trust, even if he was a jerk.

But Snape didn't want him. He thought he wasn't a good Dad. Well, in all honesty, Harry was a bad little so they were kind of even. Snape had been a bit scary today but he hadn't been as mean he could have been. Harry felt bad for the man, he knew guardians were never truly happy until they someone to care for.Snape had been alone for years believing himself an awful father.

He watched as Mcgonagall flooed away, leaving Snape standing there with his head down, a hand covering his face. Snape conjured a chair and sat down heavily his whole body sagging. Harry looked at him and decided it was time he spoke up. He carefully slid off the bed, he looked at Cesar and his blanket, should he take them? He really shouldn't he was seventeen. But, he didn't feel ready to leave them here when he was going over to Snape, he scooped them up and walked in socked feet quietly over to the man. He tiptoed up to him and sucked in a big breath before tapping him on the shoulder lightly.

Snape looked up a forlorn expression on his face.

"I think you're a good D-father." Harry said quietly, stuttering over the word, he couldn't say the D word.

"Thank you Harry but I do not believe that I am the right choice for you." He said running a hand down Harry's soft cheek. Harry, looked at him, his back eyes looked sad.

"But what if I don't want anyone else?" he asked.

"I am sorry to hear that but I am no-"

"You are! I don't wan' anyone else!" Harry stomped his foot and crossed his arms, cesar and his blanket squished into him. Snape looked shocked at his outburst and before he could stop him Harry bravely climbed into the foreboding man's lap and wrapped his arms around his neck burying his face in between his neck and shoulder.

"Please? I trust you." He whispered quietly not sure if it was his little self or big self talking.

He felt Snape's body tense as he climbed on but it relaxed as he spoke a hand came up to gently run through his wild hair.

"Harry...what if I found someone better? Less...harsh and mean?" Snape said quietly his hand still running through Harry's soft hair.

"NO! I only want you!" Harry looked up from his hiding place and looked the man straight in the eye, "There's no one else"

Snape looked at Harry taking in the ruffled hair, stuffed turtle, and pouting lip. His heart swelled at the thought being able to call this boy his own, he knew that he wanted to be Harry's Daddy. He had changed his mind about him somewhere between the cuddling and feeding him the bottle. Harry had been having issues with getting the milk out and holding it while trying to sleep so he had stepped in to help the boy and found himself entranced with the little boy sleepily sucking away in his arms.

"Harry you need to understand, if I am to be your Daddy I will be strict, there will be punishment for naughty behaviour." He said sternly, watching the boys face. He was trying to get Harry to change his mind.

Harry looked at him, and cocked his head to the side "Will there be cuddles?" He blurted out, his face flushing.

Snape looked at him a moment a small smile on his face "If need be."

"Can I have sweets?"

"Possibly,"

"Will you read me stories?" Harry asked shyly, hiding half of his face in Cesar's fur.

Snape expression softened "Stories?"

Harry nodded, "with voices?"

"If you really want me to, I suppose I could."

Harry looked at him his eyes filling once again with tears "No-nobody's ever read me s-stories." He sobbed burying his face in Cesar.

He felt Snape's arms wrap around him and pull him into his chest again and he let out a whimper and clung to him, his body shaking.

"Quiet, there will be stories anything else you want. There's no need to cry....... Daddy's here." Snape said, gently rocking the distraught boy, it had felt so good to call himself Daddy.

"Daddy?" Harry asked, unsure if he had heard correctly, Snape was his Daddy?

"Yes Harry, Daddy's here now."