Leaving the Dungeons

Harry slowly woke up, his eyes blinking awake. He looked around and saw he was in his crib. He didn't really mind it so much, in fact it made him feel really safe and secure. Harry realized it was Monday, today he would see Ron and Hermione. His heart began to beat faster, it had been two days since he had last seen them, they were probably going to kill him for disappearing without a word. He was so afraid of how Ron would react, he remembered when they were younger, Ron used to make fun of littles and Harry would laugh along with him and now he was one. He didn't want to lose Ron, he was his best friend, sure he had left Harry and Hermione while they were hunting horcruxes but he had come back. What if he doesn't come back this time?

Harry whimpered at the thought of losing his best friend. He pulled himself up and cuddled Cesar and blankie to his chest. He had faced down the most evil wizard in all of Britain! He was not going to cower behind the dungeon door from Ron. Harry made up his mind, he was going to face Ron, whatever he may say.

"Daddy!" Harry called waiting for him to come and get him out of the crib. Daddy had told him not to get out by himself and to always wait for Daddy. Harry was a good boy, he was listening.

He heard Daddy's footsteps and watched as he walked into the room his face very serious. "Good morning, baby, did you sleep well?" Daddy asked picking him up and placing him down on the change table. Harry quickly nodded. He hid his face in Cesar still embarrassed about being changed but he no longer fought Daddy.

Daddy was silent today as he changed his messy nappy and dressed him in overalls and a t-shirt. Daddy scooped him up and walked into the kitchen putting him in the highchair. Harry bit his lip as he watched Daddy get his breakfast he must be very angry with him if he was so quiet. What had Harry done wrong?

When Daddy began feeding him, his eyes blank as he held up the fork full of eggs, Harry broke down in tears.

"I sorry Daddy! I won' do 'gain I p'omise!" Harry said, furiously wiping away his tears.

"Harry child, what are you talking about? Daddy's not mad at you," Daddy said putting the fork down on the plate and moving closer to Harry. Emotion finally breaking through his cold mask of indifference.

"Bu-but you're so qui't an-and you don' look at me much, I sorry Daddy." Harry cried, looking at him, tears running down his face.

"Oh, dove," Daddy picked him up out of his highchair and he took him over to the couch where he sat him down on his lap, facing him.

"I'm not angry at you, Harry I am extremely worried about how today might go I don't like seeing you upset..." Daddy explained wiping away a few stray tears.

"I am too Daddy," Harry sniffled as he rested his head against Daddy's chest. He could faintly hear his heart beating.

Too soon they were both ready to leave, Harry was wearing a long cloak over his overalls, claiming he was going to be cold in the drafty castle. Daddy was dressed in his usual black teaching robes, a sneer already on his face. Classes were going on as usual, Minerva had decided that the war had taken so much it would not take children's education too. Snape was back in potions, Minerva headmistress and Snape was just as eager to see who the new defence teacher would be as everyone else.

Harry stood at the front door, he had left Cesar in his crib tucked away nice and warm with blankie. He wanted Cesar with him but he was embarrassed and not too mention everyone would have enough fuel against him without adding in a stuffie. Daddy walked up to him and took his hand, "Ready, baby boy?" Daddy asked softly pulling the cloak tighter around him.

"Ready, Daddy," Harry took a big breath and opened the front door.