Back to Class

Disclaimer: I know that it's the year 1998, but honestly I really don't care Harry will watch and read stuff that hadn't come out yet.

Also, I do not make any profit from this all characters, they belong to JK Rowling.

Harry blinked awake slowly, lazily sucking on his dummy, happy with the world.

Then he remembered what today was.

Today was the day Daddy was going back to teach.

Today Harry was going to be all alone again and Daddy would never come back and he would lose Cesar again and there would be no night lights and no stories and no bottles and no-

Daddy came running in his eyes scanning the nursery. "Hush, little one Daddy's here, don't cry." Harry whimpered and reached up for him.

"Why didn't you call for me Harry?" Daddy picked him up, gently shushing him and wiping away his tears.

Harry hadn't realized he was hyperventilating until Daddy came in.

"Are you scared for today? Is that it?" Daddy asked quietly sitting down in the rocking chair.

"Uh-uh huh D-daddy," he said trying to catch his breath. His dummy had fallen out while he was crying so he stuck his thumb in his mouth, trying to self sooth.

"Well you know how Daddy said he has a plan?"

Harry nodded looking up at Daddy with sad eyes.

Daddy took a big breath, looking down at Harry with unreadable black eyes. "I have written to Charles Weasley to come and spend some time with you,"

Harry started at him for split second before it hit him.

"Yo-you're givin' Harry 'way!" he cried, trying to wiggle free from his grip. He started crying again his breath coming faster and faster.

"No, Harry! I would never give you away. Ever. He is just going to play with you for a bit while Daddy teaches, you can still stay in my office. Wouldn't you like someone to play with?" he said trying to hold Harry still.

"Not givein' 'way-y?" Harry asked sniffling.

"No." Daddy said maintaining eye contact.

"Cha'lie play wif Harry?" he asked pointing to himself.

"Yes, and I think he may even bring you a very special something." Daddy whispered, looking at Harry with wide eyes.

"For Harry?"

"All for Harry," Daddy said watching him closely.

Harry was quiet, sucking on his thumb while he thought. "What if Harry needs Daddy?"

"Daddy will be in the next room, I will come the second you have need of me,"

"And maybe you can go later this week to see Molly and Arthur, they really miss you dove,"

"Misses Harry?" he asked disbelievingly. No one had ever really missed him except for Daddy.

"Yes, they write to me almost daily asking how you are,"

Harry snuggled into Daddy a warm feeling in his chest.

"Alright we need to start getting ready, Daddy has to teach a lot of classes today,"

"Dat's a lot of people, Daddy don't y'ike people," Harry giggled.

Daddy smiled, agreeing, "no he does not,"

..................

The wards around the floo began ringing an hour before Snape had to leave. Harry had been quietly playing with his train set by Daddy's feet in the living room. Daddy stood up from his armchair and unlocked the floo waiting to greet Charlie.

"Hello professor, hi Harry!" Charlie grinned as he walked in, dusting a bit off floo powder off his deep green robes. He nodded to Snape who gave him a look nodding in Harry's direction. Charlie walked over to Harry crouching down.

"How are you?" he asked a little softer, keeping some space between them. Snape had told him everything that had happened. Charlie, along with the rest of his family, wanted to deal with the Malfoys themselves but the ministry had beat them to it.

"Good," Harry said in almost a whisper. He was suddenly very shy around Charlie. He wished Daddy was holding him.

Charlie looked up to Snape, not knowing if he should keep talking or not. Snape nodded, giving them a little distance.

"I brought you something would you like to see?"

"For Harry?" Harry asked his eyes lighting up with excitement.

"Just for Harry," Charlie said holding out a box with bright yellow and purple wrapping paper.

Harry took the box from Charlie with awe, it wasn't even his birthday! He ripped open the crinkly paper, his face splitting into a smile.

"Wha' is it?" he pulled out a folded black garment.

"Here, let me show you," Charlie reached forward intending to show Harry what it was, when Harry violently flinched away from him with a loud whimper.

Charlie reared back his hands held up in surrender. It broke his heart that he caused that kind of reaction from Harry. "I-I..." Charlie looked sadly at Harry, then up at Snape.

"Oh dove it's only Charlie," Snape said quietly, trying not to sigh. They had been making so much progress.

"Daddy, up," Harry begged tears filling his eyes. He crawled away from Charlie, wanting to be as close to Daddy as possible.

"Harry," Daddy sighed picking him up. "There's nothing to be scared of, Charlie bought you a very nice present don't you want to see what it is?"

Harry bit his lip, he really wanted to see what it was but when Charlie had come so close he had gotten so scared and his chest was kind of tight now... He wiped away his tears, sniffling.

"I think you'll really love it," Charlie said, holding out his arms and wiggling his fingers enticingly.

Harry shrunk back a little, looking from Daddy to Charlie. Slowly, very slowly he leaned forward raising his arms to go Charlie.

"Good boy!" Charlie exclaimed taking Harry and swinging him into his arms.

Harry giggled when Charlie swung him. Charlie picked up his present for Harry and held it out so they could see what it was.

"D'agon!" Harry cried clapping excitedly.

"Yeah, do you wanna wear it?" Charlie asked laughing at his antics.

Harry nodded reaching for it. It looked really cozy.

Charlie unzipped it and helped Harry into it, pulling the hood over his head.

"Don't you look cute as a button!" Charlie smiled at him pressing his nose with a finger.

"Daddy I's a d'agon! Look!" Harry said pointing to himself and looking at Daddy.

"I see that, what do you say to Charlie?"

"Fank 'ou!" Harry said leaning in and giving Charlie a hug.

"You're welcome," Charlie smiled placing a gentle kiss on Harry's hood covered head.

"I think we'll be alright," he said quietly, nodding at Snape.

please please comment! I'll update faster