Playtime

Harry woke up wrapped in a warm cocoon. He lay there for a while lightly dozing not wanting to get up. He knew that the second he got up he would have to listen to one of Hermione's lectures about not being tested again. Harry shifted and was suddenly very aware that what he was resting his head on was indeed not a pillow nor the mattress. Harry ever so slowly inched his face upwards almost afraid to see who it was that he was sleeping on. His eyes bugged out of his head when he realized he was not only lying on Professor Snape of all people but his arms were hugging the still sleeping man. Harry stared in horror and then everything from yesterday came rushing back to him. Daddy had come when he was crying in the night. Harry felt warm inside the dursleys had always gotten mad at him for waking them up with his nightmares. He felt his two headspaces begin to conflict fighting for dominance and he didn't know which one he wanted to win. He stared up at the man, he looked so peaceful when he slept, all of the harsh lines in his face were smoothed out.

Harry looked up at his Daddy, and let a small smile curl on his lips. He knew that he fought him with every step and he pouted and whined but deep down he wanted it, he craved it. He had never had a childhood, he had never had anyone to sooth him when he was scared or make sure he was being taken care of. And who better to do it than the man who's saved his life multiple times? Harry knew that even though he wanted this he would still fight him on some of the more vulnerable things, he just wasn't deep enough in his headspace yet to allow certain things go down without a fight.

Harry shifted again and grimaced, he had to go, like go go, and not to pee either. His stomach was hurting and when he pressed a hand to it, it was really hard. He had two options, one he could ignore it until Daddy made him go, which Harry knew he would. Or he could go now in semi privacy and let Daddy discover it for himself because Harry sure wasn't going to tell him. Harry decided that the second one was the lessor of the two evils, he concentrated hard and tried relax all his muscles. He found this much easier than peeing, and soon he was done, and extremely uncomfortable. He shifted again and by mistake, moved his arms to, waking Daddy up. Daddy's eyes popped open, his face instantly alert until he caught sight of Harry snuggled up to him.

"Good morning, little one," Daddy said, his voice a low rumble.

"Hi Daddy" Harry said shyly, he scooted over and nuzzled his head onto Daddy's shoulder earning him a warm chuckle. Daddy wrapped his arms around him and kissed the crown of his head.

"How about we have some breakfast and then we can play with some of your new toys?"

Harry nodded, not picking his face up, any second now Daddy would pick him up and realize what he had done. Daddy shifted out from underneath Harry and scooped him up, picking up his fallen pacifier and putting it back in Harry's mouth. Daddy froze for a second when his arm went underneath Harry's bum to support him and then continued as if he hadn't noticed anything. Harry knew his entire face and neck were bright red in shame and embarrassment, he had used his nappy like a baby.

Daddy carried him into the nursery and Harry saw that at some point in the night the elves had taken all of his things from the tower down to his nursery. Harry let Daddy set him down on the change table, but he hid his face in Cesar. He didn't want to see Daddy's disgusted face. Harry lay still while Daddy unsnapped his onesie and pushed it up to his tummy. He felt Daddy untape the nappy and pull it open. Harry braced himself for the mean comments that were sure to come but they never did. In fact, he heard Daddy begin to hum softly as he changed him.

Harry dared to peek out from behind Cesar and quickly hid his face again. Daddy had caught his eyes and softly smiled at him as he continued to clean him. Finally, Daddy finished and taped up the new nappy.

Daddy sat him up, and nudged Cesar away from his face. "Where's my Harry? Cesar have you seen Harry? No? Oh no! I've lost my little boy... I guess I'll have to play with all these wonderful toys by myself..." Daddy sounded really sad.

Harry felt bad for making his Daddy sad, so he moved Cesar and yelled, "here I am Daddy!"

Daddy jumped back, with a hand over his heart, "Oh Harry! You scared me!"

Harry giggled, and looked down shyly, still embarrassed.

Daddy came back to his side and took off his onesie, and putting it in a small hamper near the change table.

"Let's get you dressed for the day, dove," Daddy said picking him up and carrying him over to the large closet. Harry gave Daddy a look, wasn't he going to mention Harry's nappy?

Daddy opened the doors of the closet and pulled out a blue jumpsuit with the word 'ROAR' on it, Harry smiled at it, he liked it a lot.

He was carried back over to the change table, Daddy began to carefully dress him. The material was really soft when he ran his hands down the front. Harry grabbed Cesar and they left the nursery

Harry and Daddy ate breakfast in peace, Daddy feeding Harry in between bites of his own breakfast. Daddy cleared up and cleaned Harry's face much to his dismay and soon they were sitting cross legged in front of Harry's toy box.

"What do you want to play baby?" Daddy asked, letting Harry rummaged through all of the toys.

Harry smiled wickedly at Daddy and dove in, searching for a few specific things. He pulled up a rocket ship they had gotten, a few prince dolls and a ginormous gorilla. Harry handed one of the princes (not his favourite one of course) to Daddy and took his favourite one for himself. He stood up and pulled Daddy up, leading him into the living room. He put the rocket ship on the couch and positioned the gorilla so it was sitting on top of the couch looking very angry. Harry picked up the rocket ship and stowed his prince away inside. He then turned to Daddy,

"you hafta get me and my 'ocket ship, but you can only use the gorilla!" He explained.

Harry began to fly the ship around making sound effects too go with it. Daddy came along behind him holding the gorilla its paw outstretched when Harry stopped playing and pouted up at him,

"No Daddy, gorillas can't fly! He needa swing and c'imb" Harry shook his head. Daddy's were supposed to know everything but clearly Harry needed to teach him a few things.

"Oh, my bad, dove." Daddy said with a slight smirk and he began to manipulate the stuffed animal into climbing the couches and swinging from blankets he held up in the air. Harry was giggling like mad as he darted here and there trying to outwit his Daddy. Daddy was laughing too, his rich baritone voice ringing out as he laughed along with his son.

The floo chimed loudly and both father and son froze. Harry stared at his Daddy waiting for him to dismiss whoever it was. Daddy walked over to the floo and before he could ask who is it one person was stepping out of, dusting off their robes, Harry felt his entire body seize up. It was Remus Lupin.