Playing in the Park

"Alright Dove, Daddy needs to leave now," he gave Harry one last squeeze and then let him go taking a step back.

"Harry see's Daddy later?" Harry asked his heart beating painfully fast in his chest. He still got really nervous when Daddy left especially if he knew he would not be able to see him for a few hours at a time.

"Yes, now be good for Mr. Longbottom." He turned to Neville a grim expression on his face. "I expect him to come home happy and in one piece," he warned him menacingly.

"Of course professor. Harry and I are going to have a great day," he said going over to Harry and zipping up his sweater. He took Harry's hand in his own and nodded to Snape before walking out of the castle, Harry next to him.

"Daddy no wan' to p'ay wif Harry?" Harry asked Neville quietly as they were approaching the castle gates.

"Harry, of course your Daddy wants to play with you! He just has to go really boring teacher meetings all day, but I know he's going to miss you lots." Neville reassured him leading him down the path towards Hogsmeade. He was taking Harry to the park. For a while now, Harry had been begging Charlie to go to the littles park in Hogsmeade but Charlie was sick today so Neville had volunteered to take him. He had never seen Harry so excited and it made Neville happy to see his friend so care free and content. Harry skipped along next him, humming happily to himself.

Harry's eyes widened comically as he took in the park. There was everything! They had a huge red slide and a sand box and (Harry's personal favourite) the swings! Harry dashed forward snatching one of the chains for the swings and climbing on. He kicked his feet happily, and yelled "Neville come push me!"

Neville smiled as he jogged over and stood behind Harry he took hold of the two chains and pulled them as far back as he could before letting them go and giving Harry a push on his back.

"Wheeeeeeeeeeee!" Harry laughed as he swung up and down. He was pretending that he was flying like Daddy could and he was going to the moon to meet orange space aliens.

He played on the swings for a while until Neville's arms got to tired to push him.

"How about we go play in the sand? I have a surprise for you," Neville said pointing to the sand box.

"Kay!" Harry jumped off the swing landing with an 'oof' on the grass. He stood up and ran to the sand box before he got in, he pulled off his socks and shoes before Neville could reach him and sunk his toes into the soft sand.

"Oh Harry! Your Dad's going to kill me," Neville sighed shaking his head at Harry's smirk. "Great," he said sarcastically.

"Su'p'ise?" Harry asked sweetly tilting his head to the side.

"Here it is," Neville said pulling a small box out of his pocket. He unshrunk it with his wand and handed it to Harry. Harry looked at him shyly.

"Harry open?" he asked holding up the box.

Neville nodded, saddened inside that Harry still needed so much reassurance.

Harry smiled and opened the box gasping when he saw what was inside. "Shovels! An' a Bucke'!" Harry pulled out a bunch of brightly coloured shovels and big purple bucket.

"Can I build a castle with you?" Neville asked settling himself down in the sand across from Harry.

"Castle?" Harry asked confused.

"Yeah, we can build a sand castle, here I'll show you," Neville took one of the shovels and started scooping sand into the bucket. He used his wand and added some water to the bucket, mixing it with sand before slipping it over and pulling the bucket off. The sand had formed a perfect upside bucket shape.