Court

Severus watched as the devil herself snatched away his son. His one and only happiness.

Umbridge used a levitation charm to float a sleeping Harry out the castle and apparated him away.

Once Harry had fallen asleep Skeeter had bound him again, holding him at wand point.

"Can I have a little fun with him?" Professor Skeeter asked his smirking sister as they both stared at a silent Severus.

"Not until after the trial,"

"It's not like he has a chance at winning, there's no Dumbledore to hide behind this time,"

"Who says I'm going to hide behind anyone?" Severus interjected, keeping his cool.

"Cowards like you always do," the man replied nastily.

"I am no coward," he snarled, looking down his nose at them. "I do not rip apart families to appease my wounded ego,"

"You think I did this because of that day at the store?" Reeta asked, letting out a loud fake laugh.

He raised an eyebrow at her, his lip curling up in disgust.

"We did this because Death Eaters like you don't deserve to have happiness," her brother said, jabbing a finger in Severus' chest.

Severus didn't answer. He knew he hadn't deserved to have Harry, but did that give them the right to take him away?

................

He stayed silent as the heavy handcuffs snaked around his arms and legs he wouldn't give them the satisfaction. He raised his head and stared with a stoic face at the Judge. Umbridge was sitting just to the left of him, the Skeeters sitting closer down to him.

"Severus Snape, you have been accused of abusing and neglecting Harry Potter, on three separate occasions do you deny this charge?"

"Yes, they are all false," There was a lot of murmuring around the room.

"Do you have any witnesses?" the judge asked. Severus had seen him around once or twice. Evan Fitz, he was a short blonde wizard with too much belly and not enough brain.

"Regrettably no," Severus racked his brain for anyone that could help but he was drawing a blank. He was too worried about Harry and where he was to think straight.

"Then how do you plan to prove you are innocent?"

"My memories,"

"Memories?" Evan asked, looking confused.

"Yes. In a pensieve," he said trying to keep his temper in control.

"Your honour if I may..." Umbridge interrupted. Why would they let her in?

"Of course, Madam Umbridge," Evan smiled at her in a lovesick puppy way. Oh no. He liked her. That was just what Severus needed.

"Thank you your grace," she gave a small little laugh and turned to the rest of the wizengamot,

"We cannot allow this Death Eater to show us his memories, how do we know he has not tampered with them? He knows all sorts of the dark magic, he could be bewitching us right now!" she gasped, and looked around with her eyes wide. Many heads turned to consider Severus.

"I have no wand," he deadpanned.

"Wandless magic!" she cried in retaliation.

"Not even Dumbledore himself could do wandless magic," Severus said.

She was quiet for a moment, "Well I-"

"If we could get on with the trial," a man said, he was sitting towards the back his hood pulled down low.

Severus squinted, he wished he could see the man more clearly, he could swear he knew him.

"Yes, I am afraid your memories cannot be used, Mr. Snape," the judge replied gazing dreamily at Umbridge.

Severus stamped down on his violent thoughts towards Umbridge. He needed to think. Who had seen him with Harry?

"Minerva Mcgonagall, she's a witness," he could not believe he had not thought of her before.

"I am afraid she is unavailable, she has become quite ill recently." Umbridge said smiling at him evilly.

This woman knew no bounds, how dare she hurt Minerva! Severus made a mental to get revenge for Minerva as well.

"Mr. and Mrs. Weasley," he smiled inwardly, he bet Umbridge wasn't expecting them.

"On vacation," she said briskly.

"On vacation wha- The weasley cannot afford to just frolick about the-"

"Mr. Snape!" the judge said.

"Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom," he said getting desperate. Would they allow students?

"They are both students and therefore not qualified," one of the wizengamot said.

Severus wanted to bash her on the head. Then he used his last resort.

"Remus Lupin,"

"The werewolf?" the judge asked slightly alarmed.

"The minister has been pushing for werewolves to be accepted more....please your honour he is my last witness," he said, he hated begging, but this was for Harry.

"Have a heart your honour, the man just wants his son," the same man in the back said.

"I suppose we can bring him in, but no wand!" Evan said.

One of the members got up and went to the door, presumably to go and fetch him. He prayed to Merlin that Remus would come.

"We will have Mr. Skeeters evidence presented while we wait." the judge said, nodding to the Skeeters.

Skeeter got up to speak, looking very serious. Remus could not come fast enough.

Please Comment!!!!!!