Charlie the Babysitter

"Daddy don't go!" Harry cried trying to wrestle out of Charlie's arms.

"Daddy will only be in the next room, you can even see me at my desk," Daddy said taking care not to come too close to them. He didn't want Harry to get a hold of him, because he knew he would never let him go.

"P'ease Daddy," he begged giving up trying to get free and reaching for him.

"Harry I want you to stay with Charlie for a bit, Daddy needs to go and teach now," Daddy said not quite looking at his son's tear filled eyes.

"No-o wan', wan' Daddy," Harry sobbed still reaching for him. Snape avoided his range, ignoring the twisting of his heart.

"Come get me if something happens," Daddy told Charlie before swiftly walking out of his office and into the classroom.

Harry's cries took on a new level.

"Harry calm down he's just in the next room, shhhh shhhh," Charlie started bouncing him trying to calm him down. Charlie had been so excited when Snape had written to him, asking if he could watch Harry during the day, but Harry's behavior was worrying him.

"Wan' Daddy! Cha'lie p'ease," Harry looked at him giving him his sad face.

"I know, I know." Charlie sympathized. "Can you show me your toys?" Charlie asked trying to distract him.

"Toys?" Harry asked his tears stopping for the moment.

"I'm sure you have some awesome toys," Charlie said carrying him back into the chambers.

"I gotsa T'ain set wanna see?" Harry asked excitedly his sadness about Daddy leaving forgotten.

"Yeah I do, I love trains!"

.......................

Charlie had successfully distracted Harry for three full hours. Harry had not asked for Daddy once and he had been smiling and laughing most of the time. But now it was nap time and Charlie was afraid that Harry would start crying again. He hated it when Harry cried, he reminded Charlie of a kicked puppy.

"Alright Harry, how about we settle down with a bottle? Wouldn't that be nice?" Charlie asked, from his seat next to Harry on the floor of his nursery.

Harry looked up from his Lego's a frown on his face, "Bottles are for naptime,"

"Yeah well I was thinking...maybe it's time for a nap," Charlie said gently.

Harry stared at him his eyes slowly filling with tears, "Wan' Daddy for nap!"

"Damn" Charlie muttered under his breath. He stood up taking Harry with him and cuddling him close to his chest. "Hush, don't cry, Daddy will be here as soon as class is done then we can all have dinner together. Won't that be fun?"

"No! Wa-wan Daddy, p'ease Cha'lie, I be good," Harry pleaded, fat tears rolling down his rosy cheeks.

"Those eyes will be the death of me," Charlie mumbled, "Oh Harry, you are good, you are so so good Daddy will be so proud when I tell him later. But, I really don't want to disturb him, what if I read you a really long story?"

"Daddy." Harry said not budging.

"Two stories?"

"Daddy."

"Two stories and...I'll give you a treat," Charlie said, getting desperate.

"What kinda t'eat?" Harry asked interested.