Chapter 2

Kingdom of Hell
Azazel's POV

Really, what was Lord Lucifer thinking? To suddenly want a queen to rule beside him was an absurd idea. But, I could tell he was serious. His usual black eyes glowed red with the excitement. I sighed. "How are we going to find this queen?" He paused for a moment. "Don't know." He said, shrugging. I frowned, annoyed by his answer. "Don't be like that. We'll find her." Lord Lucifer turned, watching the window. "We have to."

I knew this wasn't a laughing matter. Most of the time, his ideas seemed ridiculous, but actually worked out pretty well. I assume that's what earned him the title, 'Ruler of Hell.' Or maybe people were just too afraid to say otherwise.

"... Very well. I will set up a day for you to meet with the best demons in-"

"No." I stopped talking, surprised by Lucifer's interruption. "I want a human queen." Once more I was taken aback by Lucifer's mad ideas. I really don't understand his thinking. "Lord Lucifer, there's no way any human on Earth would want to be your queen. I'm sure we can find someone here." Lucifer shook his head. "Demons are such suck-ups. Humans are much more interesting."

I almost felt like slapping the ruler of Hell, but thought better of it. "Fine. A human. Which one? From where? How can we be sure they're fit to rule beside you?" Lucifer turned back. "I'll let you handle that. Just find a cute one. I'll have to wake up to their face everyday, so I'd rather have a looker." I nodded, not wanting to say anything to upset him. He seemed to be in a particularly good mood today, and anyone who made it otherwise would have Hell to pay.

Turning on my heel, I exited the dining room, an impossible responsibility resting on my shoulders. How in Hell was I supposed to find a suitable human bride for Lucifer? I made my way through the halls of the castle, watching as demons scampered out of my way, clearing a path to the watch room.

The watch room is a bridge of sorts that connects Earth to Heaven and Hell. It allows us to watch all of the things going on in the human world. Because of this, Lord Lucifer is quite fond of "Reality Television" and "Jeopardy."

The different gates around the room displayed different pictures and videos as people went on with their work, rushing about the busy streets. Knowing that it would take a while to find a queen, I sat down, staring at the changing pictures as I searched for Lucifer's wife.

---

A while later, I opened my eyes to see that the watch room was empty. I must have fallen asleep watching the gates. Embarassed, I scanned the screens, pausing at a particular gate.

A small boy stood by a door, smiling as another man appeared on the sidewalk, moving towards the house. When he walked up, the boy quickly began to speak, gesturing with his hands as the man nodded. Then, opening the door, the man and boy entered the house, disappearing from sight.

It was nothing special, a simple greeting of a family member, yet as I stared at the boy, watching him smile,  I could tell that I had found Lucifer's queen. I grinned. "All I have to do is hope he doesn't pass out when I come to get him."