Chapter 21

The Kingdom of Earth
Micah's POV

It felt... Strange. It was different than I expected. I didn't want to describe it, nor did I know how. Either way, I died.

Before I could even think, I found myself at a large gate, my eyes wide and afraid. Where am I? Who am I? What happened? My body won't move... My chest is aching... No, it's not. I feel... Nothing. Then, it came to me. Lucifer collapsing​, Azazel's idea, my death... I fell to my knees, my eyes leaking and my breathing ragged. "Yeah, death'll do that to ya."

I turned, facing a young boy with a mischievous grin. He wore a large black cloak, the hood pulled over his head, but that didn't hide his empty eye sockets. His black hair was short and messy, and he leaned against a scythe. "Name's Grim. I'm here to help you through your death. See, I-"

"That will not be necessary, thank you Grim."

A voice came out from behind us, both of us turning to face Azazel. Grim's eyes widened as he darted between me and Azazel. "Wait... He's...?!"

Azazel nodded, grabbing my arm and leading me away. "Come now, Lord Lucifer needs you."

I swallowed. "How bad is it?"

"... We got him to the castle, but he doesn't respond to any of us."

"What makes you think I'll be any different?!!"

We stopped, Azazel turning and grabbing my shoulders. He stared hard into my eyes, his voice deadly calm as he spoke. "Because he loves you."

A blush spread across my face, and I looked down before nodding. He grabbed my arm once more, dragging me off to the castle.

---

Lucifer lay, his face pale as he slept. He almost seemed... Angelic. It was a thought that made me want to laugh and cry at the same time. Looking up, I was met with the sad looks of Azazel, Airick, and Seth. This is all my fault, I realized. If I hadn't left-

A large hand came down on my head, followed by two gasps. Seth stared down at me, trying not to cry. "Don't be thinking something stupid. He needs you right now. If he doesn't come back," Seth's voice turned sad, strangled. "I lose you both."

I nodded, giving him a smile. He turned away, his usual scowl back as he crossed his arms. He hated crying in front of others, I knew, so to see him like this know gave me reassurance. They're all here to help. "So..." I swallowed. "What do I do?"

Airick looked away, not wanting to admit he didn't know and hurt me. Azazel shrugged, and Seth said, "I don't know, kiss him. Isn't that how you're supposed to wake the sleeping princess?"

I laughed, turning to Lucifer. Taking a breath, I leaned down and gave his lips a small kiss. They were cold, and I held back the sob in my throat. When I pulled away, a sigh escaped him, and everyone seemed to hold their breath.

Lucifer's eyes fluttered open, and with a groan he sat up, looking around. Before anyone moved, I had thrown myself onto him, wrapping my arms around his neck and burying my face in his chest. Lucifer let out a soft purr, his chest rumbling beneath me.

Pulling back, I looked at the others. Azazel nodded, looking pleased. Airick was smiling, and Seth's eyes were popping out of his head. "Wait... That actually worked?"

Everyone burst out laughing, and Lucifer held me close, one hand around my waist while the other tugged at my chin, pulling my face up into a kiss. When he pulled away, he grinned at my face. "I take it this means you'll be my queen?"

I looked away, my cheeks red. "Y-yes."

Lucifer gave a happy laugh, standing up and twirling me around. I gave a squeal, closing my eyes tight until he put me down. By that time, everyone had left the room, leaving the two of us alone. I looked up at Lucifer, his hands on my waist. His eyes were dark as he stared down at me, pulling my hair gently and moving towards my lips.

"I love you, Micah."

His voice was low and gruff, and I blushed a million shades of red. "M-Me too."

This set him off, and he pushed me down into the bed. Our lips battled, and I struggled for air. Lucifer realized this, pulling away quickly. "Sorry," he said, looking away.

"Me too." I said, blushing.

Lucifer waved me off, giving me a grin. "I'll wait until you're ready." Leaning in close, he whispered. "After all, you'll be mine forever."

Blushing, I gasped, remembering something improtant. Lucifer let me go, allowing me to rush to my room and retrieve the small package I'd hidden there a lifetime ago.

Coming back, I handed it to Lucifer and watched him fumble with the package. "What is it?" He asked.

"Open it."

Pulling the box open, he reached in and pulled out two small boxes. Opening one, he smiled at the large ring inside. "For me?"

I nodded, taking the ring and slipping it onto his finger. He grinned, giving me a light kiss. "Okay, your turn. I'll put it on for you."

I shook my head. "You don't have to-"

Grabbing my hand, Lucifer pushed the ring onto my left ring finger, giving me another kiss and pushing me down into the bed. I finally gave up, collapsing on the bed and hiding beneath the covers. Lucifer laughed. "I love you, Micah."

With one final kiss, I sealed my fate with the Devil forever.