Chapter 20

The Kingdom of Earth
Micah's POV

I watched in horror as Lucifer fell to the ground, his body slowly getting smaller. His form had shrunken already to that of an average human's. I turned to Azazel. "What happened?!"

Azazel paled and looked at me. "He- his body is not made for the atmosphere of Earth. He cannot live in this environment."

"But, you're okay."

"Well, yes. I was mortal once. My body remembers living in this environment, and I am constantly traveling between Earth and Hell. My body was already okay with the climate. Lucifer was never mortal. The last time he came to Earth was thousands upon thousands of years ago. The climate had changed greatly since then. And even then, he nearly ended up as he is now." Azazel's voice was shaky as he rambled on, explaining what happened.

"What will happen to him?"

"If we don't get him back, his body will deteriorate. He will cease to exist."

"Then get him back to Hell!"

"Getting him back is much harder than getting him here. He used his own power to cross the first time, by possessing Seth and being purified by Airick. That already put a drain on his power. He's not strong enough to do it again, and I don't have the power for such a thing."

"Then what do we do?!" My voice was cracking, my vision blurring with tears.

Seth came over, pulling me into a hug. "Don't worry. He's the king of Hell. He can fight off death. I know he can."

Azazel was silent for a moment. "Death..." His eyes shot up. "I've got an idea."

"What is it?"

He looked at me nervously. "If... One of us were to... Die... That would open the gateway, and we could get him back to Hell. Of course, we'd have to taint the soul first, to be sure they'd end up in Hell."

We were all quiet. For Lucifer to live, one of us had to die. I looked over at Lucifer, his face pale and cold. Finally, I took a deep breath. "I'll do it."

Everyone was quiet, until Seth spoke. "Absolutely not."

I turned to him. "Why not?! I have to do something or he'll die!"

Seth looked at me, pain in his eyes. "I already lost our parents." His voice was strangled and low, and I almost didn't hear the next part. "I can't lose you, too."

Airick watched him, moving over and taking Seth's hand. I smiled sadly. "I have to do this, Seth... I love him."

Azazel looked at me, his eyes widening at my confession. Coughing, he spoke. "If we taint your soul, it will end up in Hell, because that's where we want to take him. After that, Lucifer can easily return your soul to you. Even if it goes against every rule in the book. Well, I suppose he's not the ruler of Hell for nothing."

I put a reassuring hand on Seth's shoulder. "See? I'll be back. I promise."

Seth put his hand over mine, saying nothing. I could see the tears glazing his eyes as he struggled to keep them in. Airick was trying to reassure him, but was clearly lost at how to do so. Instead, he leaned up, giving Seth a kiss directly on his lips. Pulling away, Airick muttered something that sounded like, 'I love you.'

We were all frozen, blushing at the display. Seth blinked, grinning before he pulled Airick away, causing him to yelp. The two disappeared behind the house, but I still see Seth's side as he pushed Airick up against the wall.

Smiling, I took a breath and looked back at Azazel. "Okay. I'm ready to die."

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait, I just got back from my month-long trip. As a treat for waiting, I will do a double update on all stories, including this one. So stayed tuned for the next chapter of TLOL which will be published in the next few hours. Once again thanks for waiting and I hope you enjoyed the update!