Chapter 18

The Kingdom of Hell
Lucifer's POV

Seth was right about one thing; his soul was very, very twisted. Even as the devil, souls like this are very hard to come by. Even so, I needed his body to protect me in the first few moments on Earth. The crossing would damage my body if I was not using Seth.

Airick watched, intrigued. "Is... Is Seth still in there?"

Yeah, I'm still here, Babe.

I rolled my eyes. If you're hoping to see him blush, tough luck. He can't hear you when I'm in control.

Then get to relaying the message, Lucy.

... Don't call me that.

I'll call you whatever I want, brother-in-law.

I groaned and looked down at Airick. Even for an angel, he was small. Seth stood slightly taller than he did. "Seth is still inside the body, yes. But he has no control. Basically, he's here for the ride."

Ooh... A tagalong. How fun.

If you're going to be like that the entire time...

Honestly, if he wasn't Micah's brother, I'd have thrown him into the pit of enternal despair ages ago. I marched alongside Airick as we headed to the bridge. He had his face scrunched with worry for his lover. They may have been hiding it, but it was obvious.

We arrived at the bridge, Azazel preparing to open it. Airick would stay behind, seeing as he had used his power to purify my soul. Being purified allowed me better protection against the sun. Basically, a magical sunblock. Azazel wouldn't have enough energy to help all four of us through the gate. Even if I help on the way there, I won't be in any state to help on the way back.

Airick tugged my shirt, his golden eyes looking into Seth's. "B-be careful..." He lowered his gaze. Hey, Lucy, do me a favor. I sighed, but allowed him this. Seth took control, pulling Airick close and planting a kiss on his lips. Airick's eyes dropped, and his hands held onto Seth's shirt.

I tapped a figurative foot impatiently, giving Seth a warning. He pulled away, smirking as he licked his lips and gave up control. Airick moved back, his face completely red as he attempted to hide.

By then, Azazel had opened the gateway, and I approached it. I turned to him, smiling. He smiled back and we entered the gateway.

I closed my eyes, the flashing light around me causing a nervous flutter in my stomach. Even I felt solid ground, I didn't dare open my eyes until Azazel tugged my shoulder. "This is Micah's house."

Seth nodded in confirmation, and I opened my eyes. It was a simple white house, with a well tended back yard. We stood by a small bench, the sun high in the afternoon sky. I didn't look up, instead moving to take my own form. Well, Lucy, it's been fun... Actually, no it hasn't. Can I have my body back now?

Rolling my eyes, I gratefully gave him his body, taking solid form beside Azazel. He looked at me and gasped, biting his lip. I raised an eyebrow, but soon realized what he'd seen. I was no longer my in height, instead being just shoulder height of Azazel. Even Seth snorted. I ignored them and turned to the door. "How are we supposed to get in?"

"Hello? I live there, remember?" Seth walked over to the door, leaning down and retrieving a key from under the mat. "And Micah said this was a stupid place to put it. I told him I would need it when I have to help reunite him with his devil boyfriend.

I raised a brow. "You actually told him that?"

"No. I told him I'd need it when I'm drunk and accidentally climb the fence." His face was serious, and I knew he wasn't lying. Unfortunately.

I snatched the key, opening the door an rushing inside. Looking around, I took in the sight of Micah's childhood home. "It's... Dusty."

"Yeah, well, when you're busy being dragged into Hell because Satan wants your brother for a forced marriage, it makes it kinda hard to clean." Seth's voice wasn't angry, but I did sense a hint of annoyance. I suppose he wasn't too please with our comment on the house. Or maybe he hated the idea of my dragging his brother into Hell and causing this whole mess.

The lights were off, luckily, but I also took that at a sign. I looked around, proving my theories to be correct. Micah wasn't home.