chapter six

unedited~

Harry Styles

I shuffle awkwardly as I realize I am once again alone. Well, alone except for the lesbians on the counter. Which, I try to not to ease drop but I can't help but over hear parts of their conversation.

"We shouldn't..."

"Come on, he'll never know."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Let's go upstairs."

I blush and turn away as they glance over at me before hopping off the counter and walking out of the kitchen. It sounds like one of them was cheating on their boyfriend, which was absolutely terrible. Why do people have to be so sneaky? Just break up with him if you want to hook up with other girls. I mean, honestly.

Okay. I'm getting too invested into that. I move over to look out the kitchen window, seeing a few people outside in the rather large backyard. That's surprising, especially for a house in the city.

I take another sip of my water bottle before I hear loud shouting coming from outside. I frown, seeing two dark figures shoving each other in the grass. Is no one going to break it up? I look around and there is at least two other figures on the wooden deck and they don't even seem interested in the fight.

I set down my water bottle and watch the scene unfold. On one hand, I don't want to get in the middle of a college party fight but at the same time, I don't want people to hurt themselves. I look out the window once again and see the taller guy grip the shirt of the other. Okay, I should probably go break it up since no one else seems to be bothered by it.

I walk over to the back door, pulling it open and rushing out onto the deck as the taller guy punches the smaller one right in the nose. "Hey!" I yell, frowning as they both ignore me.

"I told you not to bring this shit around here anymore, Luke!"

I gasp as I realize the taller figure is Zack (Zayn? I can't remember his name) who is holding the small packet of white powder out in front of him.

"Give it up, Z. You ain't gonna get clean." The other guy's words slur together like he was already high and he keeps blinking, rubbing a hand under his red nose. I have a weird feeling the redness isn't just from Zayn's fist.

"I'm already clean, you dumb shit. I swear to god, Luke, if I catch you with this shit again you're out of the house. And we're done protecting you." Zayn's voice is laced with anger and venom. He looks like he could kill the other guy, Luke, on the spot.

"Man, what the hell happened to you? Is this Maria's influence? Has that little slut really tamed the Zayn Malik?" Luke scoffs and I frown at the thought of Zayn with another girl. Definitely not because I'm jealous, I barely know him, but he was hitting on me and was apparently with this Maria girl.

"Maria means nothing to me!" Zayn snaps and I bite my lip, looking down. Wow, I feel like I am really intruding now but I can't convince my feet to listen and drag me back inside. "Have you forgotten about Mike? How he died less than two months ago because of that laced shit you gave him?"

Oh god, I feel like I'm gonna be sick. I hate drugs, and even the mention of them can sometimes trigger a panic attack. Especially after what happened to Gemma... I can barely think about it without wanting to burst into tears.

"We all made a pact to get clean. We're done with this, Luke. Get your shit together or you're out." Zayn growls before pushing the smaller boy onto the ground and shoving the small baggy into his pocket.