chapter twenty two

I'm so sorry for the long wait. Hopefully this is worth a little bit of your time.

Harry Styles

"You okay?" Nick asks and nudges my side, drawing me out of my trance. I shake my head quickly and look over at the older boy, giving him a tight-lipped smile.

"I'm fine," I whisper, looking down at the half eaten turkey and cheese sandwich on my tray, "Just a little tired."

"Well, no kidding. I kept you up pretty late last night." Nick winked teasingly, wrapping an arm around my waist and squeezing me against his side gently.

I blush at the sexual undertone of his comment and look around to make sure no one heard him before flicking his shoulder. "Yeah, and I still ended up beating you at Words With Friends~" I laugh, sticking my tongue out at him.

"That's true. I don't know how you managed to beat me every single time." Nick whines, shoving a handful of sour cream and onion chips into his mouth.

"Because I'm smarter than you. And I used to play Scrabble with my grandma all the time." I brag, smiling proudly to myself.

I grab a napkin and wipe my mouth before crumbling it into a ball and tossing it on my tray. I wasn't hungry. After what happened with Zayn last week, I could barely function like a normal human being.

I'm not necessarily mad at him. It's not like he actually forced me to do anything. I just hated how he cocky he acted and how he thought he could just get me to spread my legs for him like some whore. I mean, yeah he's freaking gorgeous and looks like a sex god, but I don't value looks over personality.

I have standards.

That reminds me... I should probably talk to Carmen. I've kind of been avoiding her since the incident with Zayn.

I told Amy about it, but I made her promise not to say anything until I could figure out how to phrase it without hurting her feelings. It wasn't like I could just go up to her and say, "hi, Zayn made out with me and wouldn't stop when I asked him to, so stay away from him."

Besides, Carmen would probably think I was just trying to get her to stay away from Zayn because I liked him... which I totally do not!

"Earth to Harry!" Nick laughs loudly, waving his hand in front of my face and pulling me from my thoughts.

"What?" I ask quietly, shaking my head and turning to look at the older boy.

"I asked if you wanted me to take your tray up for you." Nick repeats, motioning to where his hand was grasping my tray.

I nod quickly, offering him a small smile. "Yes, please." I whisper softly before grabbing my half-filled water bottle off the green plastic. "Thank you." I add.

"No problem, babe." Nick says happily before standing up and carrying both of our trays over to the side of the cafeteria.

I glance down at my phone and see that it's 1:24, meaning lunch is almost over. At least I only have one more class left before I can go home and take a nap.

~

The bell rings and I sigh in relief before gathering my books and shoving them into my book bag. Nick does the same and then stands up, walking over to my desk and waiting for me to stand up so we can leave class together.

"You wanna go grab some coffee?" Nick asks as we walk out of math, making me groan internally. Nick has been up my ass even more so than usual for the past week and it's really been taking a toll on me.

Despite what most people think, I'm incredibly introverted. I like to have time by myself to just relax and have some peace of mind. Nick is the exact opposite of peaceful and relaxing. He's loud and energetic and easily excitable.