chapter eleven

Harry Styles

"The campus is beautiful, don't you think?" My mother asks as we continued to walk along the pavement.

I nod slowly, biting my lip. "Yes, but it's a little too urban for me. You know I don't really like the city." I explain, glancing around. There was plenty of security around campus, but as soon as you stepped off there was a risk of getting robbed or even worse. There is so much violence in the city, I don't think I'd be able to handle it.

"Well the choice is yours. I think it's nice, and it would really help you to open up some more." My mother offers, glancing over at me.

I raise my eyebrows suspiciously, "I'm not open enough?" I scoff.

"I'm just saying. You're always hanging out with Carmen and Amelia. You have no other friends, at least not since Gemma's accident. Maybe you should try going out more-"

"Well, sorry I don't feel comfortable going out." I roll my eyes, making her do the same.

"You're so dramatic all the time." My mother sighs. "Just for once, can you think about where I'm coming from?"

I stop walking, crossing my arms and glaring at her. "Where you're coming from? You barely have any idea what's going on in my life, nor Gemma's. Why should I consider your feelings for an instant when you can't even grow the balls to see your own daughter just because she 'disappointed' you!" I snap, making a few heads turn our way.

"Harold," my mother warns, "Stop this instant."

"No. I'm tired of you always making everything about you. Think about someone else but yourself for just two seconds. God." I yell before storming off into the cafeteria, where we are all headed to have lunch as the final piece of our tour.

Once we are inside, Zayn explains where everything is before sending us off on our own. My mother comes up from behind me, but I ignore her.

"I'm going to get Chick-fil-A." I mumble before stomping over to get into the long line.

While I'm standing there, I feel someone tap my shoulder.

"Can you not take a hint, Mother? I'm-" I blush as I turn around and spot Zayn looking at me with curious brown eyes. I look down immediately, "W-What do you want?" I ask, nibbling on my bottom lip rather harshly at the moment.

"I was wondering if I could join you in line." Zayn murmurs, making me raise an eyebrow.

"I don't know if people would like that." I whisper, not wanting to anger anyone.

Zayn just laughs, tapping the blonde girl standing behind me. "Do you mind if I get in line here with my friend?" He asks smoothly, his voice velvety soft and sinful. I roll my eyes.

"O-Of course." She whispers, stepping back to make room for him.

"Thanks, doll." He hums before standing next to me, his tall frame hovering over me. (Yes Harry is a smol young bean in this shush)

"You're terrible." I whisper, even though a smile is playing at my lips.

"That's not what the ladies say." He smirks and I slap his arm playfully, shushing him.