chapter twelve

Sorry this is just a filler.

Harry Styles

After eating my lunch and finally rejoining my mother, me rode the train back home. I didn't get a chance to visit Gemma because we didn't make it home until 5 and the visiting hours at the hospital end at 6 on Mondays.

I was laying in my room on my bed, listening to Fake Love by Drake on my Beats pill when I hear my phone ding. I roll over onto my stomach and open the text, rolling my eyes when I see a text from Zayn on my screen.

5:56 pm
From Zayn: I'm sorry

5:58 pm
To Zayn: For what?

6:00 pm
From Zayn: For being an asshole

6:01 pm
From Zayn: And for calling you a tease

I roll my eyes again, letting out a long breath. I'm glad he apologized, but it still doesn't mean I forgive him.

6:03 pm
To Zayn: You're so weird. You act really nice sometimes and then change into a completely different person.

6:05 pm
From Zayn: I know. I'm sorry, I just get defensive

6:06 pm
To Zayn: I'm sorry for what I said too

6:07 pm
From Zayn: It's okay, I deserved it

6:08 pm
To Zayn: Yeah, you kind of did

6:09 pm
From Zayn: You also lied to me so I think we're even

6:10 pm
To Zayn: I really doubt that lying about where I got to school is as bad as basically calling me a slut

6:12 pm
From Zayn: Where do you go to school?

6:12 pm
From Zayn: And how old are you?

6:14 pm
To Zayn: All I'm gonna say is that I'm a senior in high school, and I'm 17

6:15 pm
From Zayn: Oh

6:16 pm
To Zayn: Yeah, now you can see why I lied. You probably wouldn't have even talked to me if I told you

6:17 pm
From Zayn: Well it's too late now because I am talking to you

6:18 pm
To Zayn: I already told you I'm not interested in being 'friends with benefits' so don't even try it

6:19 pm
From Zayn: I didn't say anything!!

6:20 pm
To Zayn: I know. I'm just reminding you, because that's all you seemed to be interested in last time we texted.

6:21 pm
From Zayn: sorry about that too

6:22 pm
To Zayn: Apology accepted. For now.

6:23 pm
From Zayn: Thanks. Listen, I gotta go. I'll text you later.

6:24 pm
To Zayn: Okay, bye.

6:27 pm
From Zayn: Bye

After reading the last text, I set my phone down and plug it in to the charger. I stand up and make my way into my personal bathroom, closing the door and deciding to take a shower and get ready for Monday morning.

~

The next morning, I wake up to my alarm blaring Hotline Bling and let it play for a while before finally turning it off. If you can't tell, I love Drake.

I get up and go to my bathroom to get ready, making sure my hair still looks good from my shower last night before getting dressed. I'm not usually one to dress up so I just throw on a pair of leggings, a cropped sweatshirt, and my white Keds. (:

Once I am dressed, I grab my book bag and my phone off the charger and walk downstairs

Once I am dressed, I grab my book bag and my phone off the charger and walk downstairs. I see my mother standing in the kitchen, her purse on the table and her stuff scattered everywhere.

"Harry! Have you seen my work phone?" She asks frantically. I shake my head, mumbling a quiet "nope," before grabbing an apple off the counter. I am still not speaking to her after yesterday

I walk over to the screen door and push it open, seeing Carmen's car already waiting for me. I get into the passenger seat, glancing at Amy who is in the back seat again today.

"Guys. You'll never guess who I saw this weekend..."

~

After explaining everything that happened with Zayn to Carmen and Amelia, I notice Carmen's expression falling with every word.

As she pulls into her parking spot, she turns off the car and glanced over at me.

"He's been texting you?" She asks, running her fingers through her long black hair. "I thought I told you to stay away from him?"

I sigh, rolling my eyes. "You did. And I almost did until he told me that the only reason you don't like him is because you two had sex and you ended up with feelings for him." I retort, making her turn angry.

"That's obviously not what happened." Carmen spits, glaring at me.

"Obviously? Then please, explain what actually happened." I cross my arms over my chest and wait for a response, but she only stutters. "Exactly. That is what happened, and you lied to me about it. Not cool." I mumble before getting out of the car, slinging my bag over my shoulder and beginning to walk into school. Amelia sticks by my side, but I can tell she is torn from having to choose.

"I'm sorry you got dragged into this. If she hadn't lied to me, none of this would have happened and obviously I would have stayed away from him." I mutter, shaking my head.

"She is at fault for lying, but Haz... you can't date Zayn." Amy says quickly, making me frown at her.

"Ew! Why would I date him? He's a jerk!"

"I know he's a jerk. I'm just saying, even though Carmen lied, you shouldn't continue to talk to him if he's interested in you. You can't do that to Carmen. That's like... breaking six rules of friendship." Amy sighs.

"I wouldn't do that to Carmen." I say, although thinking about it makes my stomach churn uneasily.

I stop at my locker and open it up, putting a few of my binders into the small metal box. Just as I was zipping up my back pack, my phone dings.

6:59 am
From Zayn: We should hang out soon. As friends.

7:00 am
From Zayn: Without benefits.