chapter ten

Harry Styles

My mouth gapes as I stare up at the older boy, who looks extremely different then he did yesterday. He's wearing a pair of black skinny jeans similar to mine, a white v-neck, and a green army jacket over top. His long dark hair is slick and styled to the side, and his beard is neatly trimmed. He looks totally different from the frat boy I met last night.

"He's cute, right?" My mom smirks, nudging my side again. I huff in annoyance, slumping down on the bench and turning my head away from Zayn, pushing my curls into my face. He hasn't seen me yet, but soon he will. And if he sees me here, on a freshman tour, he'll definitely know I lied about being in college. And what if he tells my mom about the party on Friday?! Oh my god, I might die of embarrassment (if she doesn't kill me first).

"H-He's good looking I guess." I whisper, trying to act nonchalant but my voice is shaking just as much as my hands are.

"Are you okay?" My mom asks, probably noticing how my face has drained.

"Yeah...just, um, nervous." I whisper, licking my lips as I shut off my phone and tuck it into the pocket of my coat. Speaking of, it's getting extremely hot in here.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom. Stay here." I say quickly before standing up and scurrying to the bathroom. When I make it inside, I look in the mirror and fix my loose ringlets to make sure they still look good before splashing some water on my face.

(This is how I'm picturing Harry to look)

I knew I shouldn't have gone to that stupid party. It wasn't even worth it. I didn't have any fun at all. The only good thing about it was... meeting Zayn and he turned out to be a total jerk.

I mean, I guess talking to Zayn was kind of fun but he turned out to be a jerk anyway. Ugh, I need to stop stressing out about some boy I barely know. I need to focus on school. That's what I'm here for, and that's all I'm going to worry about.

Once I've convinced myself to stop worrying about Zayn, I walk out of the bathroom and make my way back to the benches. Only, my mother is not sitting on the bench anymore. Of course she would walk off somewhere when I told her to stay there! I groan and look around.

"Harry?" I turn around when I hear my mom's voice and end up meeting familiar dark eyes.

"This is Zayn. Our tour guide got sick so he's filling in. Isn't that nice of him?" My mother says cheerfully while I slowly feel like I'm drowning in embarrassment. My cheeks heat up and I dart my gaze away from Zayn, looking anywhere other than his face.

"Yeah. That's nice." I mumble quietly, nibbling on my bottom lip anxiously. It's a bad habit I have when I get nervous.

"Hi, Harry. It's nice to meet you." Zayn says, a mischievous smirk playing on his full pink lips as he holds his hand out for me to shake, the edge of his tattoos just barely sticking out of his sleeve. I take his hand, licking my lips before daring a glance up at his face.

"It's nice to meet you to." I whisper, silently thanking God that he didn't mention anything about the party.

He pulls his hand away and I drop mine down to my side before running my fingers through my thick ringlets, looking at my mother.

"Well, I should probably round everyone up before we start our tour. I would hate for anyone to get left behind." Zayn says smoothly, giving me a final once over before turning away from us and walking towards the door.

I let out a breath of relief once he's far enough away.

"He's so polite, Haz. And he seemed interested, don't you think?" My mom giggles, making me glare at her.

"He's definitely not interested. And besides, I thought you didn't want me dating anyone older than me?" I ask, rolling my eyes. My mother has always been a stickler about dating people my own age, which is precisely why I have never even had a boyfriend. Yes, I've had plenty of people interested, but my mother always scares them off because she wants to "preserve my innocence."

"I'm just saying, he's very attractive. Once your eighteen, you're free to date whoever you want." She hums, checking her Michael Kors watch. "The tour should be starting soon."

"No duh, he just said that." I groan, rolling my eyes. She was such a dipsy-doodle sometimes.

"Enough with the attitude, Harold." She scolds, making my turn away from her and face the front as a bunch of other student/parent couples began to stand up.

"Alright, everyone, if I could have your attention," Zayn's voice fills that wood paneled room, making me shiver involuntarily, "I am going to be your tour guide today. The original guy got sick, so I am going to fill in and hopefully, I'll show you everything you need to see. We have a pretty big group today so I ask that you are respectful, patient, and overall quiet. I will ask for questions at every stop, and that is when you will speak up. Everybody clear?" Zayn asks.

I have to admit that him taking control of an entire room like that was pretty hot. I could feel my cheeks heating up but I tried to ignore it as my mother and I, along with all of the other soon-to-be-freshmen, began to follow Zayn as he led us out into the court yard.

"Is everyone with us?" Zayn yelled over the crowd once everyone was filled in, hearing a few murmurs. "Alright. Our first stop is the Grand Lecture Hall."

Sorry this chapter was short. It was longer but it was over like 2,000 words so I split it into two. Don't worry, the second part is being posted in a little while.