chapter twenty five

I'm sorry for any mistakes, I wrote this while I was half asleep last night and I tried fixing up a few errors and the ending a bit today. Hope you enjoy, and let me know what you think! -S

Harry Styles

"H-Hi..." I stutter, a little breathlessly.

Zayn walks over to me and for the first time, his face is masked with concern. His arms come out to grab me, but I watch him mentally stop himself before touching me. He drops his arms and bites his bottom lip anxiously.

"Hey," He whispers in the silkiest tone, sending actual shivers down my spine, "I was worried about you." He admits quietly, like he doesn't want anyone to hear. I can't help the way it makes me smile, though.

"I'm fine. Nick is who you should be worried about... what were you thinking, Zayn? You can't just come to my school and punch people!" I say, narrowing my eyes.

He scoffs, rolling his eyes before crossing his arms. "I couldn't care less about Nick. He means nothing to me."

"Well, you should because..." I'm ready to argue with him, but then I realize what he said, making my eyes widen.

"Wait, so... I mean something to you?"

Zayn's eyes widen as well and he takes a step back, averting his golden brown eyes away from me as his cheeks turn hot with embarrassment. He stumbles over his words, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"That wasn't the point of my statement." He responds after composing himself, finally making eye contact with me again.

"But... yes," he admits, "you do mean something to me."

I stare at him in shock, my lips falling open as I think about what to say in response.

"Is that why you can't control yourself around me?" I ask, the words leaving my mouth before I can stop them.

His eyebrow twitches (which is a weird thing for me to notice) and then a smirk tugs at his full, pink lips. "Mostly." He hums.

"Mostly?"

"Yup."

"What's the other reason?" I persist.

"I don't think your innocent ears could handle it." He laughs, and I can't help but giggle as well. His laugh and smile were infectious.

"I'm not that innocent." I pout, pushing out my bottom lip.

His eyes trace the movement and he licks his lips in response.

"Yeah? So what am I thinking about doing right now?" He asks, raising a dark eyebrow at me.

I blush, fiddling with them hem of my shirt anxiously. "W-What do you mean?"

"I mean..." His voice flows from him like an instrument and it's the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. He takes a step closer, our bodies only a few inches apart. I look up at him, feeling his breath just barely hitting my face. "What am I thinking about doing to you right now?"

My cheeks immediately flush with embarrassment, my skin feeling unusually right and hot. I blink up at him as he stares down at my lips. I lick them slowly, wondering if this is what he meant about me teasing him.

"I think, right now... you want to kiss me." I say confidently, a small smile playing at my lips.

He smirks as well, nodding his head in approval. "You're right... Can I?" He asks, staring so intensely at me that I have to look down.

"W-What?" I squeak, my voice betraying me.

"Can I kiss you? Right now?" He asks again, lifting his hand to my chin and tilting my head up so I was looking at him again.