chapter thirteen

Harry Styles

I blush as I see the text messages from Zayn but shake it off, deciding I'll answer later when Amelia isn't standing right beside me. I look up and see Carmen walking our way.

"I'm going to class. I'll see you at lunch." I say before slamming my locker shut and walking away. My first class is Chemistry, so I won't have to do too much work hopefully.

As I walk to the classroom, I feel someone tap my shoulder and turn around to see Nick, this guy who has had a crush on me since like eight grade.

"Hey, Nick." I hum, biting my lip harshly.

"What's up, gorgeous? Your ass looks great in those leggings." Nick smirks, making me roll my eyes.

"Stop looking at my ass, please." I groan, walking into the classroom and heading towards our table all the way in the back.

Unfortunately, the teacher sat Nick and I together, which has sort of made my life kind of a living hell.

"How can I? It's amazing." He laughs.

I sigh softly and rest my bag on the table before sliding onto my stool as Nick does the same. There's a few other people here already, but since school doesn't start until 7:15, people are probably trying to stay away for as long as possible. I know I would have if I was speaking with Carmen at the moment.

"I know. You tell me every day." I mutter, pulling out my phone so I can reply to Zayn's texts.

"You know, your birthday is coming up in a few months." Nick mumbles excitedly, making my look over at him.

"Yeah, and?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Well that means you'll be eighteen and I can finally take you on a date." He offers, making my cheeks heat up with embarrassment. And not the good kind.

"Listen, Nick-"

"Just listen. I know your mom is crazy about age and since I'm two years older, she won't even let me step foot into your house, but please just think about it. I've liked you for a long time, and I think we could be really good together." Nick explains, making me look down.

(Yes, Nick is 19 because he got held back.)

"Nick, I... okay." I just agree, deciding it's easier than fighting with him.

Nick's face lights up and I nibble on my bottom lip anxiously.

"Maybe we could hang out after school today."

"Okay. But right now, I'm just not interested in dating so don't get your hopes up." I warn him, hoping he gets the message.

"Okay." He mumbles, "I'm gonna go get breakfast." He says before standing up and leaving the room.

I sigh in relief before looking down at my phone.

7:08 am
To Zayn: Okay... when do you want to hang out?

7:09 am
From Zayn: We could hang out today

Of course. 😒

7:09 am
To Zayn: I can't today. I have plans

7:10 am
From Zayn: with who??

7:10 am
To Zayn: does it really matter?

7:11 am
From Zayn: Not really I was just wondering. Damn

7:12 am
To Zayn: You don't even know him so you wouldn't know who I am talking about anyway

7:12 am
From Zayn: Him???

7:13 am
To Zayn: Yes...

7:13 am
From Zayn: I didn't know you had a boyfriend

7:14 am
To Zayn: Thats cause I don't. He's just a friend...

7:15 am
From Zayn: That's what they all say

7:15 am
To Zayn: Whatever

"Mr. Styles, please put your phone away." Mr. Winston says as the bell for first period rings. I groan and roll my eyes but put my phone in my bag, glancing over at Nick who returned at some point with a bottle of apple juice and a breakfast sandwich.

"Who were you texting?" Nick asks quietly, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"My mom." I lie, sighing heavily.

Inside though, I am actually kind of happy at the way Zayn seemed almost jealous that I was hanging out with a boy.

Oh well. It's not like either of them have a chance anyway.

~

2:13 pm
From Nick: Want to meet at my car?

2:13 pm
To Nick: Sure. Where are we going?

2:14 pm
From Nick: We can just go to the mall. I don't want your mom hunting us down lol

2:14 pm
To Nick: Okay. I'll get there as fast as I can.

I tuck my phone into my pocket just as soon as the bell rings, signaling the school is now officially over. I stand up, saying goodbye to my friend Jessica before rushing out of the classroom and making my way to the parking lot.

While walking out the front doors, I spot Amelia walking ahead of me.

"Ames!" I call, making her turn around to look at me.

"Hey, Haz." She grins, turning to look at me.

"I'm hanging out with Nick after school today, so I don't need a ride." I explain, holding onto one strap of my bag.

"Ohh," Amy giggles. "Finally agreed to go out with him, huh? He's only been begging for like six years." She grins.

I roll my eyes, shaking my head. "Definitely not. This isn't even a date, I just have nothing to do and he offered to take me shopping." I shrug nonchalantly.

"Sure." She laughs. "Alright, well I'll tell Carmen you're not coming with us today. She'll probably be relieved anyone."

"Probably. Bye, Ames." I say before continuing to walk until I spot Nick leaning against his car.

It's a Toyota Corolla, so it's nothing fancy but it's a car nonetheless.

"Hey, beautiful." Nick purrs. I punch his shoulder lightly.

"Hey, loser." I retort, making him laugh as unlocks the doors. I get into his car and close the door, buckling up.

"You ready to have the time of your life?" Nick asks, starting his car.

"We'll see." I hum, looking out the window.

Sorry again for another filler.

What do you guys think of Nick?

PS. Guess who's really going to be giving Harry the time of his life??? 😏😏