The Hike

Emily's P.O.V.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

             Felix had told me it was a six mile hike so I better be prepared for this, let's just say I'm not in the best shape. I still have a flat stomach, but not as flat as it could be... Also the last time I went for a hike/walk, Ian and Anthony happened. What started out as the best day of my life turned to the worst. However those situations led me to where I was now and I was happy with that. So... yay?

           Once we were both ready it was about 10:00am and we drove out to the trail. I forgot the name of it though. (A.N I am basing this hike off of one that I actually went on in Utah a couple years ago. The picture Isn't the same one but it looks a lot like it...) Once we got out of the car we had to walk a little ways to wear the trail started. We walk across a bridge that went over a lake. We also passed a nice man who was fishing at the time. The water looked beautiful. Once we had crossed the bridge, the trail started.

         We were talking for about 40 minutes about random stuff during the hike when the conversation started to die down a bit. We then walked in silence for about five minutes until I asked. "So, how much longer until we get to the end?" "We are about halfway there... Why you already getting tired?" He laughed. "Nah, just wondering." I forgot how much I loved to hike. Even hiking in the silence is calming and peaceful. 

        After a while I had asked, "How will we know when we reached the end of the hike?" "You will see." He said, he's just trying to annoy me. I sigh and start to walk faster. I want to know how I will know.

      20 minutes later he finally said, "It's just around that bend right over there." He pointer to a turn of the path. I couldn't see what was past that turn yet, so I started to run. Using whatever energy I had left. Which was very little by the way to get there.

    "Woah." Once I finally turned the corner it was everything I could ever imagine and more. It was just the pure beauty of nature. Mountains, trees, rivers, clouds, and blue skies were all I could see looking out over everything. There was one big flat rock on the field with golden grass surrounding that glistened in the sunlight it. I went over and sat on it, looking all around me, marveling at it's beauty.

          Felix came and sat beside me. "So, what do you think" He asked. "It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Thank you, so much for bringing me here." I grabbed his hand, looked at him, and smiled. Uh Oh I'm getting carried away. He looks down at our hands, then looks at me smiling. "Y-your w-welcome." Did I scare him? I quickly but not enough to be noticed took my hand away after he said that. He doesn't like me like that. He has healed since the break up but he probably thinks it's moving way to fast with the wrong person.

            I'm ashamed, he needed me as a friend and I always have to take it to the next level, what is wrong with me? I'm so needy and I wish that I could just stop being a burden on everyone. the only thing that keeps me from crying is the view, it keeps me calm and collected.

          We sat in silence,  after about ten minutes we took pictures then Felix asked, "Ready to head back." I wanted to basically beg to stay but whatever he wanted to do is fine with me, he is probably gonna be uncomfortable around me now because I grabbed his hand. I nodded my head and we headed back. Another 6 miles and then I'll be able to rest my legs again! I know I got to rest for ten minutes but I'm already tired again!

       Felix walks next to me and says, "Hey, a-are you okay?" "No... I grabbed your hand and then you got scared and started stumbling and I'm sorry I just got carried away and I~"  He then grabbed my hands so that I was facing him. "You didn't scare me, I just got nervous." He said. "Why were you nervous?" "Because it was my plan that on the way back I wanted to tell you something." "What?" Wait is he about to say what I think he's gonna say? "I Love You!" WHAT?! That is NOT what I thought he was gonna say. I thought it would be something more like 'I like you' or 'I have feelings for you.' But no, said he loved me. I love him to but I never really thought of loving him in that way. Besides that one night when he almost kissed me. 

            I was trying to think of words to say when he said. "I know it's a lot and it's okay if you don't want to do anything about it that's okay but I want you to know that when you were healing me, I thought wow, she cares about me enough to do that. And after seeing how much we are alike and how you were able to know that I hadn't finished healing from the breakup with Marzia and you were able to respect that and not take advantage of me and in the state I was in." I stood there taking it all in.

              Say something Emily, anything please! "I LOVE YOU TOO!" WHAT?!? ANYTHING BUT THAT! THIS IS TOO FAST! Felix smiled. "You~" "But what about Marzia?" I blurted out trying to cover up what I just said, I don't actually know how I feel about him but I know I love seeing him happy and I know that would make him  the most happy in this moment." He then took a small step towards me and said, "I've had my time to heal,I'm ready for this." "Okay, I do love you too. I wasn't to sure at first but after hearing everything you've said, and how I reacted and how I felt. I do love you, more than a friend." That is how I truly felt, and I'm actually super proud of being able to word that without feeling and seeming like a complete idiot. He smiled even bigger then got even closer to me. We were at the same distance from each other than we were when he almost kissed me. This time there was nothing to hold us back. No ex's memories in our heads to hold us back. 

               This time I leaned in first, which he did the same which led to us kiss. It was a sweaty, chapped lip kiss, but it still meant a lot which made it pretty great for. It felt so weird so I started to laugh a little bit. He pulled away and asked, "What's so funny?" "We are both so gross right now, we'll finish that kiss when we clean ourselves up when we get home." He laughed. "Agreed." We then started hiking back down the trail. He grabbed my hand and smiled at me as we continued walking.

                 Once we got back to the car we re hydrated ourselves and drove home. I like that word, home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Author's Note~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       OOOOOOOO YES I DID JUST DO THAT. How do you guys feel about that?! Cuz I like it!! Anyways I kind like the whole thing where every chapter I'm switching back and forth from what's going on in Emily's life and what's going on with Smosh.

Also! DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT THIS STORY TO KNOW WHAT KINDA STUFF YOU GUYS ENJOY READING THE MOST SO I AS THE WRITER CAN PROVIDE MY AUDIENCE WITH READING MATERIAL THAT THEY FANCY!

I WILL SEE YOU GUYS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! STAY RIPE MY BANANAS NEVER PEEL!