Chapter 2

Luna's POV:
I quickly ran over to Jess and Gabby's place in the morning of my birthday to say goodbye to them and see them for them last time. I knocked on the door and their mother answered.
"Hello Luna, I heard you were leaving today very sad. The girls will miss you," their mother said. I just nodded unable to say anything to her, she has been like a second mother to me. When my own mother was being to harsh on me I would always run here. "Gabby and Jess are in the rec room." She smiled at me. I would miss that warm smile. I thanked her and ran into the back room.

"Oh my god Luna you came!" Jess exclaimed.
"Yeah I convinced my mum to leave around lunch so I could see you guys in the morning, but she said we are leaving at 10 so I only have 2 hours," I said.
"That's ok 2 hours is all we need," Gabby said. Jess was more girly and Gabby was more like me a tomboy. But they both liked makeup dress up e.t.c. I was never the one for that but I did it just for them. I noticed they had the Xbox set up.
"We didn't know if you would be able to come over but we got Lucas to set up the Xbox so we could play with you," Jess said noticing me looking at it.
"We thought we might pay you back because you put up with our shopping and make up and stuff but we never played video games with you."
"Aww guys that's really sweet of you." I sat down and played halo with them for an hour and a half.

I ended the game. "Do you have to go already," Jess complained.
"Mum wanted to be gone by now but I convinced her to let me stay longer so I just want to get there earlier." They didn't know that the portal could only be opened at certain times the two times in the morning were 8am and 10am then in the afternoon 4pm and 8pm. I hugged them both saying bye and then left without saying goodbye to their mother it would be too hard for me too her aura was always sweet and nice she always cared for me. The few times my parents had to go over when I was little she looked after me.

I ran home just because I liked running plus I felt a little faster today and like I was out of breath less. I jumped over my front fence with ease. I looked back at it, it was hip height to me and I was tall. I shook my head and turned back to my house heading inside.

"Glad to see you made it back earlier," mum said handing me a suitcase and back pack. Dad went through the day before to set up the house we would be living in. "Remember what I told you, you will probably feel the darkness as soon as you cross do not let it take your mind," she said. I nodded. "Luna," she said sounding stern and worried.
"Yes mum I remember."
"Your dad told me what he saw the other day. You learning an Adapts abilities before you learn an elementals can be dangerous to your mind set."
"Yes mum I know." I ran fast I jumped the fence with ease, was I learning an Adapts abilities. My watched beeped 10:00. I took a breath.
"Don't let it Luna," mum said again. The portal opened on the wall in front of us and we entered.

On the other side I felt a wave hit me, I dropped to the ground. "Are you ok?" Mum asked. "Fight it Luna," mum said. I stood and nodded at her. I felt a little different but not too much. She showed me to our house. One of the elders were waiting outside. "Luna I am to inform you that you are to not go outside those gates until we are fully confident you are not taken by the darkness we have had it happen before we are not letting it happen again," he said then just walked off. "Before?" I questioned in my head. "Were Mark and Jack alive then? Just not the same?" I shook the thought.
"He is right Luna, we can't be sure seeing as you are also part of the Darkness in some ways," she looked forward, "more than your father," she said it so quiet but I still heard her.

Backstory
Jack's POV:
I stared at the portal with Mark and his parents my siblings and parents were already over because they were all older than me except for my sister who was only 2 years older. "Mum we aren't meant to be going over until we are 16," Mark said.
"I know but your father and I are needed and I have no where else for you boys and girl to stay. As long as you stay in the house and do not go out everything will be fine." I grabbed my sisters hand and looked at her she seemed scared. We stepped in.

On the other side a great wave hit me, I dropped to the ground letting go of my sisters hand. I felt something taking me over I tried to fight it. "Jack are you ok?" She asked me. I stood and nodded but something felt different. I looked at Mark and he smiled at me but it was a different smile and evil smile, I returned the smile.