Part 2: Chapter 15

Luna's POV:
There was a knock at my bedroom door waking me. The door was about to open. "No!" I said quickly racing out of bed and shutting the door.
"What?" Mark said outside.
"I'm getting dressed give me a minute," I said.
"We never change clothes?" He questioned.
"It was hot last night don't question," I said. I quickly grabbed my underwear and bra off the ground putting them on then I found my pants and a shirt, it was Jack's shirt mine was somewhere, probably under the bed. I pushed Jack to up against the wall. And threw the sheet over him. "What are you doing?" He asked uncovering himself.
"Shh," I shushed him. "Mark is right outside the door. Put some pants on and I'll go see what he wants."
"But you have my shirt," he said.
"I need a shirt more than you do and mine is somewhere."
"How long does it take you to bloody get dressed?" Mark asked. I opened the door sliding out and shutting it behind me.
"Too long apparently. What's up?" I asked.
"Firstly we have no food, I was going to ask if you wanted to go collect some and secondly why are you wearing Jack's shirt?"
"Sure, just let me find my shirt. And don't question it ok," I said. He gave me a cheeky smile. "No, I know what your thinking," I said.
"Oh no I'm totally not thinking that," Mark put his hands up in defence. "But it wasn't actually that hot last night, in fact it was cold."
"Give me a moment and shut up," I said pointing at him.
"No I don't care just be a little more quiet next time," he said cheekily.
"Fuck," I thought. I closed the door behind me once I was back in the room and Jack threw me my shirt. I changed the shirts throwing his to him and walked back out to Mark. He just kept staring at me cheekily.
"Oh will you stop for the love of God," I said. He laughed grabbing a back pack.
"Come on then."

With the darkness gone for 2 years now trees had started to grow and we started our own little garden, a fair way away from the house just incase the people from the village decided it would be a great idea to kill us as when they came around here recently and Mark and Jack were out I heard them talking about that if the Darkness were truly gone then we would be too. They still didn't know that we were the ones that got rid of the Darkness.
"Do you ever think about maybe going, or trying to go back to the village?" Mark asked grabbing apples from the tree.
"Hell no," I said taking some potatoes from the ground.
"Why not? I mean out here we are free but some days I'd just like get to relax and feel safe, out here we are still on our toes. Random creatures still wander as they weren't attached to the darkness."
"One, they would never believe us. Two, I don't reckon I'd go a day without trying to kill Josh he killed Jack, and don't give me the crap that Jack is alive now it doesn't matter it bloody does because Josh had full motive to kill Jack."
"But you didn't kill Josh there and then, why?"
"He had a friend with him Mike an innocent fellow, I guess I wanted to prove a point to him because maybe if at least one person slightly trusted me to not kill then the others would start believing that too."
"And you did that with the intention of...?"
"Not being killed whilst I wander out there. Plus would you want to go back there? All the memories it holds." Mark stopped for a second just looking at me.
"I forgot about that."
"And you would have been reminded regardless if we returned. Sorry though," I said.
"No it's fine, I guess I needed a good enough reason and that's a pretty damn good one."
We picked the vegetables and fruit in silence for a while. There wasn't much meat to eat as the creatures all had a tainted meat which we had to dry it out first letting the taint drop off it and then it didn't taste nice at all. We only occasionally had meat, just enough to get the nutrients required.

"Hey haven't you noticed something?" Mark asked on the way back to the house.
"Noticed what?"
"That our Adapt powers are still around yet the Darkness is dead."
"Maybe it doesn't matter, because there has to be dark and light in every world and maybe we are just enough to keep that small but of darkness but the actually Darkness is gone." Mark shrugged.
"You know I kinda miss those days in some ways," he said.
"Your not getting crazy thoughts again are you?"
"I don't know, do you feel me though the exhilarating feeling of the fear people felt, the exhilarating feeling of killing. That's sounds so bad but do you feel me on this one."
"Not so much on the killing but yes the satisfaction of fear. The villagers are still scared of us in someways I guess that's enough for my fill because I never felt what it was like to kill."
"Do you ever think if Mike wasn't there with Josh that you wouldn't have killed him?" Mark asked.
"Made him feel all sorts of excruciating pain, yes. Why?"
"Oh nothing."
"Your thinking we should go kill him aren't you? He was an evil person full stop I wanted him gone even before I had crazy thoughts." I thought about the note mum had left me.
"You know something don't you?" Mark said.
"Only something that makes me want to kill him more. I'll tell both you and Jack when we get back." Mark nodded.