Chapter 10

Luna's POV:
Mark showed me a little room in which I could dust off and sleep in. As I was dusting off the bed I felt the presence of someone else enter the house, I prayed it was Jack and not Jasper. I peered around the corner and saw the green hair. I stepped out from behind the door into the hallway. Jack saw me. I froze, I didn't know what to say, I didn't know what you said to a guy who killed your father but you still liked him. Instead of saying anything I ran up and hugged him tightly. I wrapped my arms around his neck. How I longed for his touch again, the warmth of his skin, his hug always seemed so comforting. I didn't need comfort now but it still felt so good. I felt his arms wrap around my waist he buried his head in my neck. I buried my head in his neck. Two people who didn't belong anywhere, two people who were insane, two people who were children of the Darkness fit so well together. I never wanted to let go of the hug, I had missed him for years. I wasn't letting him go again.

Jack's POV:
Not being able to properly hug Luna for years was hard. I lifted my head to see Mark glaring at me. No matter how much I tried to explain to him, he still thought love made someone weak. It never made me weak, in fact I was the first one to not listen to Jasper and his commands anymore, I was the one who was confident to go up to him because I knew he wouldn't be able to control me anymore. I felt Luna bury herself into me. I wrapped my arms around her a little more then pulled back. I wanted to stay in the hug forever but unfortunately life stopped that. I looked to the hallway again and Mark was gone. Luna looked behind her. "What's up?"
"Nothing, don't worry about it."
"Jack, what's up."
"Just Mark. He still believes love makes one weak, no matter how many times I try to explain it to him."
"It hasn't made you any weaker," Luna pointed out.
"I know, yet he still refuses to see."
"It distracts you, it makes you think if another person before yourself," Mark said walking out of his room into the hallway. "It makes you sacrifice yourself for someone else who would probably just move on and forget about you anyway."
"It's been 12 years Mark, 12 years since I have actually been able to interact with Jack. 4 years where I never saw him. I never forgot. Just because Jasper made you kill the girl you liked doesn't make you weak."
"I wasn't even strong enough to save her!" He shouted. "I was too weak."
"That's because you were bloody 15 you were weak regardless of love or not."
"It made me weaker."
"I tried this already," I said quietly in her ear.
"Do you really think I am weak Mark. I love Jack I still love my parents despite them being dead. Do you think I am weak." He didn't answer for a bit.
"You still like us yet we killed our families and your father."
"I don't care you were being controlled it doesn't matter to me what you did. You're my best friends the only ones that would truly accept me and understand me." He seemed quiet annoyed and just teleported away in a puff of smoke.
"See I told you I tried," I said.
"He can believe what ever the hell he wants," Luna said also annoyed.

She walked off to the room Mark had obviously set up for her. I followed.
"Go away not in the mood right now," she said swirling a little bit of dark smoke around her hand.
"Funny that." I walked in and sat on the bed.
"I said go away."
"This is my room," I said brushing off the bed a little.
"It was dusty as all hell how is it your room."
"I don't sleep much." She rolled her eyes.
"Figured as much." I smiled pushing Luna over and lying down beside her. I started to close my eyes when I heard Jasper calling. "I heard a certain little Luna escaped. Find her and kill her. This is your task and your task alone Jack I knew you two shared a close relationship in the past." I opened my eyes fully again and saw Luna laying beside me eyes closed. I thought about the knives in the kitchen. "No he can't control me," I thought sitting up. I felt a hand reach for mind curling around it.
"What's wrong?" Luna sat up with me.
"Nothing," I shook my head, "just the Darkness you know." She must have seen the tenseness in my face.
"Jack don't listen to it. Jasper is trying to make you do things you know you don't want to do. Listen to you and you only. Do you want to do what he told you." I shook my head. Instead I leaned in making our lips collide. She pulled away at first.
"I have wanted to do that for so long," she said then kissed me back. Jasper wasn't going to have my mind and he wasn't going to ruin this. 

Mark's POV:
I kicked a stone outside. How was I going to do this, how was I going to prove to them. They needed to know that if they stay together one is just going to die. With the Darkness so close one will end up killing the other. If anything I'm scared, I'm scared Jack will kill Luna. I'm scared Luna with the overwhelming power of the Darkness on her first few days out in the Nothing will cause her to kill Jack. I looked at the looming tower in the distance, I know exactly how.