Chapter 16

Luna's POV:
I sat both Mark and Jack down and showed them the note I got 2 years ago but kept.
"He was born to pure darkness?" Jack questioned.
"And he is your uncle!?" Mark said in shock.
"I never knew that I don't understand how though. He would have to be at least 31. 5 years older than me? Something must have happened before my grandfather died."
"Why didn't you show us earlier though?" Jack asked.
"Because I didn't feel anything."
"What do you mean 'feel anything'?" Mark asked.
"Darkness, dark thoughts come on guys you haven't recently either." Mark hung his head and then looked at me and made a face.
"What? What is it?"
"Could Josh be..."
"Be what?"
"The new Prince of Darkness and he is trying to rebuild it."
"What the hell are you saying Mark," Jack said.
"I'm saying we haven't seen him in any of the expeditions which there are many now the main threat is gone. When I went near the village a while ago to see if they were building, if they had dropped the barrier or anything, which they hadn't, not once did I see Josh. Now I don't know if it was just because maybe I didn't see him that is perfectly logical but why wasn't he on any of the expeditions. For all they know Jack is dead and Josh killed him." There was a loud knock at the door which made us all jump.

I snuck out to see who it was. "Mike?" I said in a whisper.
"Come on come on I need to talk to you," Mike said to himself bouncing in his toes. I signalled in the window that this person was no threat.
"Mike," I said stepping out.
"Wholly shit, Luna you scared me."
"I know, what is going on."
"Ok Josh has been gone for two years now, we haven't seen him and he left so suddenly. At first we thought nothing of it like it was no problem maybe the thought of him killing Jack was enough to send him a little crazy and him leaving it would be the end of him. But I have been having nightmares, no one else is. And it's about Josh, a war, well a battle and the Darkness is back. 3 people stand by his side but I can't see their faces, they betray him and kill him but becoming almost apart of the Darkness as if it was them and they slaughter everyone." Mike talked so fast I almost didn't understand him. "It's like he is targeting me because I actually felt sorry for you and said it was all Josh's fault."
"Umm, Mike, Jack isn't dead. That's why the Darkness is gone. Us three killed it."
"He is.....alive....but I saw......" His eyes suddenly widened and he fainted. I turned to see Jack just casually standing in the doorway.
"What?" He said.
"You made the guy faint."
"Not my fault." I just rolled my eyes and dragged Mike inside.

Jack's POV:
Luna put Mike on the couch and threw some water on his face. "What, what. GHOST!" He yelled pointing at me.
"Boo!" Mark said from behind him and he started crying.
"Oh for god sake you made the guy cry." Luna stood arms crossed.
"I don't want to do this anymore, everyone is so mean to me," he sobbed. We waited until he stopped crying and just started sniffling to ask any more questions.
"I watched you die. How are you alive," Mike said wiping his eyes.
"Long story," I said and he nodded.
"This Josh thing you think he is the new Prince of Darkness and no one is having these nightmares," Luna asked. Mike shook his head.
"Well I do think Josh is the new Prince of Darkness but no, no one else having the nightmares that's why I think he is targeting me to make me go insane."
"Well just don't let it happen then," Mark said.
"Might be easy for you guys who were insane at 12 and 16 but it's not for me a 24 year old in which the only experience of insanity I have got is Josh killing Jack. And even then it could be called as Josh just doing his job." Luna looked at me and I already knew what she was thinking, she wanted to have Mike here and see if she could see his nightmares and maybe stop them. A new thing she learnt.
"Mike how would you feel staying here tonight so maybe I could see your nightmare and stop it for you."
"Stay here!? No I have family who don't know I'm gone they think I'm just quickly running out here because something fell out of my bag yesterday."
"You stupidly forgot a map and you got a little lost and found a place to rest for the night and continue in the morning because the creatures come out more at night?" Mark suggested.
"Again unlike you guys I have family, I have a girlfriend to go back home too."
"I have a girlfriend to worry about too mate but sometimes you have to do things to help yourself I'm sure she can survive one night. And if you come back and she is freaking out then she truly loves you," I said. He took a deep breath and looked at Luna.
"Ok I'll do it only because I can't even think of what it's like to lose someone you love and if these nightmares lead me to insanity I could hurt her. I already watched it happen I don't want it to happen to me."

Luna's POV:
When Mike went to sleep I kneeled beside the couch where he was sleeping and touched my fingers to his forehead. I had done this only on Jack before, someone I shared a connection with getting into Mike's head would be a little harder. I concentrated, I closed my eyes. I saw flickers, he wasn't dreaming yet but there was something coming. Like as if it had to arrive. Suddenly I saw a large field two sides stood opposite each other one admitted a light the other Darkness arose from them.
"See only 4 stand, I can see Josh but not the other three," Mike said subconsciously knowing I was there. I tried to see who these three people where but I couldn't make it out. "Now the battle beings, or more lack there of," Mike said. Suddenly from behind a large spike of dark smoke pierced through Josh he was lifted up off the ground and just disintegrated but not without crying out in immense pain as if he was being torn inside out, then his body just dropped as the person retracted the black smoke spike. The villagers, well what they looked to be, ran at these three people but they just sent thousands of black smoke spikes out killing all the people in one foul swoop, everyone but the three were dead. They poured Darkness back to the land and it died. The middle one seemed to open a portal and just as they were about to step through I saw their face.

I jumped back from Mike scared, I saw myself, MYSELF. "What happened," Jack asked. My breathing was very heavy and short and sharp. "Luna what happened?"
"Us happened, we kill everything," I said voice shaky.
"It might not be us it could be Josh knowing you were in there so he made you see that. Plus that is just a dream to make Mike lose it, it means nothing." I nodded and he pulled me into a hug. "Come in we will get some sleep and ask Mike if he saw anything new."
"We can't ask him, I see everything he does. All my thoughts I had in that dream are translated into subconscious thoughts. But that doesn't mean that everything I see he does. You could be right and it was Josh or someone doing that knowing I was in his head. But if we say ANYTHING and it happens to be that he didn't see that he will be curious if I saw anything. He will think I saw something worth asking with making it look like I wasn't really asking."
"I'll ask him if he saw anything new, like casually as if I was asleep and you hadn't told me anything. Or actually I'll go tell Mark to ask him that seeing as it might be more logical for then Mike to think nothing of it." I nodded. We stood up, I had previously placed a spell on Mike to stay asleep so I could get into his head without waking him and then if something happened to him in there his movement wouldn't wake him up. And if I suddenly came out like I did he wouldn't wake either so I was fine saying that stuff in front of Mike, he was sound asleep still. Jack dragged me back to our room to sleep.