Chapter 8

Time skip 2 years. Luna is now 22

Luna's POV:
The elders had lifted the ban on anyone going outside the barrier. We desperately needed more resources and there had been no sign of Mark or Jack anywhere. Mum knocked on my door. "Yello," I said instead of yes or hello.
"I just wanted to let you know that I have to go out."
"But don't you haven't to stay here with me?"
"Not counting the elders and the guards I am the next powerful along with a few others." The elders have made an exception seeing as you have been good the past 2 years since the incident."
"Then why can't I go with you?"
"Because they still don't want you outside the barrier just yet maybe another year or two and they will let you. If they don't in the next 2 years I'll have a serious talk with them ok." I nodded.
"Thanks mum."
"Alright I have to go now. Don't cause any trouble," she said, "love you."
"I won't I promise," I called, "love you too."

2 days and mum and the crew she went with still haven't returned. I know it was anywhere between 2 and 4 days that they would come back but I was beginning to worry. I didn't think I would worry so much, I shouldn't be worrying so much she was powerful she had a team of 6 that should be enough to over power 2. Although I don't want them to hurt Mark or Jack. They may be evil, they may have killed my dad and that man but I saw hope in Jack's eyes that he wasn't all that bad. And even in Mark he wasn't as bad as he put on. But when they killed my father and I saw them it was almost as if they had been possessed by something so it wasn't actually them doing it.

It's been 6 days since mum had left no sign, no one even returned. "Don't worry too much," Josh said walking up and sitting beside me. I sat in the middle of the central road to the gate waiting for any sign that mum would be back. "The elders said every expedition had to be 7 days max," Josh said trying to calm me. "They should be coming back today." I took a breath and nodded.

It's been 9 days since mum left. NINE there was something wrong. "Let me go out there I can find them," I said to the elders who all sat it chairs build high behind a wooden block to make them look all powerful in their long red robes. One wore white and he was our head elder. "You are not permitted to go out until you are 24 you know that Luna."
"But my mum is out there I can't just sit there and wait for her to return when I could get out there and get back with news in less than a day. You know I can run faster."
"The Adapts power will not be permitted whilst you are still part of the Elemental."
"Whilst I am still a part? You think I'm going to become part of the Darkness do you?"
"We cannot be sure, we cannot be sure that is why you are asking to leave."
"Ohh come on she is my mother I need to find her."
"NO!" He burst his staff onto the ground standing as he did. "You will remain here regardless if your mother is dead or not." I balled my fists and walked out.

I stood on the main road out the front of the gates. A woman walked up to it passing straight through she looked zombie like. "Hello Luna my child," her voice demonic, "I'm waiting for you. You will come to me you will come to the darkness you will be mine." A fire ball shot past me hitting this woman in the face.
"Luna! Step away right now!" My fists balled up tight I felt the black smoke curl around them. "Luna!"
"You let my mother die. SHE IS DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU!" I turned and yelled at them I felt the darkness surrounding me.
"Luna stop right now, you don't need to do this," it was Josh.
"Don't I just," I smiled at him the evil smile my voice sounded different it sounded....evil.
"STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!" A voice boomed. I felt the ground rumble and was trapped inside a rocky tomb. Bright light shone through and it exploded in a flash of light. The light faded and I was in one of the cells they had.
"Luna if you cannot behave and control your urges to use the Adapts powers we will have to kill you." I just sat on the floor staring at the glass door. "We can let you out once we are confident you are not with the darkness."
"I'll always be with the darkness, I always was," I said as he was leaving.