Chapter 21

Luna's POV:
It was all coming together, no one would suspect a thing. I looked to Mark and Jack nodding. We would go about like normal for a few days whilst the Darkness had no distractions to stop it from growing exponentially strong. I had to deal with two people though that may recognise me, Jess and Gabby.

I found out where the two of them lived and then asked if they could set up a date at one of their houses they were more than happy after not seeing me for over 10 years they were extremely happy, I was taking Jack along as well as much as he didn't want to. I feared being around people who were so happy and bubbly and knew me before I became magical may change my mind. As soon as I knocked on the door they hugged me instantly. "Oh my god Luna we were beginning to think we'd never see you ever again," Jess said. Her features had changed a little since I had last seen them but not by much. I knew mine however looked older more experienced, I'd look quite different.
"How are your parents?" Gabby asked. Both ignoring Jack behind me and asking those kind of questions first.
"They unfortunately died but I wasn't able to contact you about it I hope you understand," I said trying to sound as sad as possible.
"Oh no, we are so sorry," Jess said.
"No, no it wasn't your fault there is nothing to be sorry about it was years ago anyway I'm ok now."
"Anyway. So who is this handsome guy behind you?" Gabby asked winking at me.
"This is Jack. He my boyfriend," I put an arm around his shoulder and he smiled at me and rolled his eyes.
"You two are cute. How did you meet!" Jess asked excited.
"That's a long story kind of." I just didn't make up a story so hoped they wouldn't ask.
"We'll tell us over lunch then!" Gabby said running into her kitchen Jess following shortly behind.
"How were you ever friends with them," Jack said whispering in my ear.
"Honestly they are good people."
"Don't have doubts Luna they will recognise you too well they will know something is different."
"Don't you think I know that. It's so hard to try and put on a show right now I'm trying to avoid talking as much as possible."
"We met whilst training for an important mission, alright," Jack said so no further questions were asked.
"I said it was a long story. So we never got together truly until a mission we had to do together." I had told him about the story I told them when I was leaving so if they asked he would know.
"You guys coming or what?" Jess called popping her head out from behind the wall. I smiled and followed her.

We sat down at the table and a burger lunch had been prepared. "I hope you don't mind the burgers being heated up from last nights dinner, I didn't have time to make something," Gabby said smiling. I smiled back at her.
"No that's ok," I said.
"So story time," Jess said enthusiastically. I told her a complete lie about that Jack and I trained together then we were on a mission together and got together after that. They thought it was adorable.
"So what kind of missions do you guys go on?" Gabby asked.
"Classified information," Jack spoke up.
"Ooo silent type are we," Jess said. "I like silent and sexy." Jack looked at me like, please kill her. I glared at Jess trying my best to seem 'normal'. She laughed. "Sorry Luna I wasn't trying to pick up your man. But hey you got lucky I'm actually sort of jealous." I laughed. Jack squeezed my leg under the table. I knew I had to get rid of them soon but now just wasn't the right time.
"Hey you know we should do a shopping trip just like old times then come back and play some games," Gabby suggested.
"That's sounds awesome!" I said trying to sound excited. Jack looked at me annoyed.
"Don't worry Jack you can play some games here whilst us girls go out," Gabby laughed. Good that didn't blow our cover.

Gabby was just about to open the door to leave. "I'm sorry we can't let you go," Jack said
The door shut quickly and locked. I pulled the curtains down so no one from the street saw.
"What's this," Gabby laughed nervously. "A pretty awesome magic trick."
"Like a prank because you couldn't see us for ages," Jess tried to not seem scared.
"Yeah a prank," I swirled the dark smoke around my hand. "You see I didn't leave because I was in some secret organisation. I left because I was going to a world of magic. And over there I realised something. I'm not a goodie two shoes. I'm an evil bastard." Gabby tried to grab for the door but Jack stopped her by forming black smoke all over it he stopped them from signalling out the windows as well. Gabby went to open her mouth and I teleported forward putting my hand over it.
"Shhh. Scream and I kill you." I went back to beside Jack.
"Please Luna don't hurt us we are your besties remember you said you would come back," Gabby cried. 
"Luna please!" Jess cried. "We are best......" I cut Jess off by sending a sharp black smoke through her chest Gabby screamed and Jack shut her up but he didn't kill her. I pulled the smoke spike out and Jess gurgled then died on the floor.
"Luna why," Gabby said crying profusely. There was a knock at the door. I went to the window to look. I turned back to Gabby. "We can really easily kill you and that person outside in one sweep they won't ever know they died. Do not make a noise if you don't want more people to die." She gulped and nodded. I opened the door and the old lady looked at me. "Hi I'm Luna, Gabby's best friend."
"I heard a pretty horrified scream is everything ok?" She asked.
"Yeah, yes everything is fine. I just kind of accidentally threw a spider at Gabby I didn't mean to."
"Oh that's ok as long as everything is fine." I nodded and she left. Jack sealed and door again and I turned back to Gabby.
"Why are you doing this," Gabby was crying trying to not look at her dead sister on the ground.
"Because I am evil it's what I do. I may have not been when you knew me but I am now. People change."
"Please don't, I won't say anything. I just want to live to be old and have a family." She touched her belly and I sensed that she had a baby in her belly it wasn't that old. "Please," she was crying so much and I was almost beginning to feel bad.
"Love makes you weak," Jack said looking at me. I didn't want to argue with him but I also kind of didn't want Gabby to die.
"Then why do I love you?" I said.
"She is going to die later anyway Luna just kill her." But I couldn't do it. I didn't know why I couldn't I just couldn't. I lifted my hand and sent a spike through her throat, she gurgled and died. I dropped to my knees and Jack came over to me. He picked me up hugging me. "If love makes you weak why do I love you," I said to him.
"I was trying to help you kill her. Don't ever think that because I said that I don't love you," he put his hand under my chin making me look at him. "I love you Luna."
"I love you too." I hugged him tightly.
"You know I'd do anything for you. But we aren't a stupid light couple who focus on nothing but their powers. We are a strong couple to the darkness who will ensure that the legacy lives on." Jack send a dark wave through the house removing any finger prints and evidence of us ever being here. We wanted to be undisturbed until the Darkness could come through. He then teleported us to Mark.