Chapter 8 - Fight in the Forest

Antonia's POV

"Come at me bro" Kiera said as we were surrounded by Panthori and Leopardion. That's what I really like about her, always finding ways to crack a joke. Swag

"Looks like we got ourselves a feisty one" came a voice from in the shadows.

"Show yourselves you cowards! Or should I say you bunch of pussies!" I yelled into the forest.

"PUSSIES! How DARE you insult us! Felineti ATTAAACK!" Shouted another voice.

Well I think I just f***ed myself.

Just as I whipped my mace out, a huge human sized creature jumped out of the shadows, since I had night vision, I could see the whole of it, not just the eyes. This one was pitch black and had a sleek tail that I could tell was steel tipped. It has small ears on the top of its head instead of where they are normally. I also took note that on their fingers had huge steel tipped claws. If this wasn't a life or death situation, I would take a picture.

Before I could react, it leapt at me with its claws and...f-f-FANGS! THEY'VE GOT FRICKIN FANGS!

Just as it was about to swipe at me, Kiera hit it across the face with her steel staff. Ouch, that looked like it hurt!

Kiera started smirking as I could tell she enjoyed that.

"Hey Kiera!" I said.

"Yeah what?" She replied.

"Wanna little friendly competition? To see who can take out the most enemies?" I asked.

"Oh you're on!" laughed Kiera as we sprung into battle.

Running and jumping, whacking and slapping, we quickly made good work of the creatures. But I could tell Kiera was struggling as she couldn't see well in the dark.

"Hey Kiera, think fast!" I yelled whilst tossing her a pair of night vision goggles that I had invented with the help of Jay.

"Cheers!" She yelled in return whilst putting them on her face and simultaneously smacking a Felineti in the balls with her staff.

After a long while battling I noticed that they just kept on coming!

"Antonia! Back to back?" yelled Kiera.

"I think it's about time for that yeah" I replied whilst jumping to her aid.

"I'm at 50! How bout you?" she asked.

"68! No wait 69! 70!" I yelled whilst hitting Felineti left right and centre.

Just as I was getting into a groove, I began to spin, and as I did so, a night sky looking tornado surrounded me. Omfg I'm doing spinjitzu!

Kiera's POV

Just as I hit another Felineti in the balls, I heard a whooshing sound and turned around to see Antonia inside a starry tornado!

"Antonia! How you do that?!" I yelled.

"Just follow the steps of the training course!" She yelled in return.

Ok, let's do this!

Performing the exact movements from the training course, I span around and was quickly engulfed in a bright yellow tornado! It hurt my eyes since I was wearing the night vision goggles but after whipping them off, I could see perfectly clearly.

This is awesome!

After a while in my tornado, Antonia and I regrouped.

I turned around to say something to Antonia but I suddenly felt an excruciating pain across my back. A Panthori had clawed my back.

Shit, shit, fawking shit! That hurt like hell! Crying out in pain, I dropped to my knees in pain. It felt like fire blossoming across my back.

Before I could get up, I realised that I couldn't move my arm. That's when it hit me, the Panthori had paralysing powers. Well fuck I'm screwed.

The was pain is unbearable, and I was beginning to see spots across my vision. Just before I passed out from the pain, I saw Antonia get hit across the head and I saw her collapse before the darkness came over me.

-the next morning-

Kai's POV

Cole, Lloyd and I had just got back from battling the Felineti in Ninjago city. They managed to scratch Cole and I, and let me just say this, it bloody hurt! I got one from a Tigeroni and the side-effect was everything becoming dark, so basically temporary blindness. Cole was scratched by a Lionati and be told us that everything became blurred and slow.

On arriving on the bounty, Lloyd had to help both of us around as I couldn't see and Cole kept walking into things. After a while, the effects wore off as Zane and Jay arrived. Zane was carrying Jay as he later told us that a Cheetani had clawed his leg and caused his vision to spin.

Several hours have passed since then and it's already morning and the girls haven't returned yet, I'm beginning to get worried, missions like those never take this long.

"Alright that's it! I'm going to go find them!" said Cole after slamming his fists impatiently on the table. And with that, he ran out the room to the Forest Village. I ran after him because I was worried too.

Cole's POV

- After arriving at Forest Village-

Just arrived at the forest when I immediately saw the battle area. There was broken branches, tufts of fur and patches of blood. But no sign of either Antonia not Kiera. Perhaps they were already at the Bounty.

"Hey Cole! There's something wierd over here!" yelled Kai from across the clearing.

Running over to him I saw what he meant, it was a body shape covered in mud. Before I could figure out what it was I saw a bit of purple under the mud...no... No way, it can't be.

"Dude, that's Antonia!" I cried.

(Enjoying the story so far? If you do then please leave a vote and a comment. Maybe even a follow. Peace out my peeps, for now)