Chapter 16 - Kaiera & Weapons

Hi my narwhalians!

I think I might just say stuff here from now on 🔮👅🔮

So yeah...sorry for the long wait, I hope you guys can forgive me :)

Now on with the story :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kiera's POV

"Yes" I said, smiling at Kai as he smiled at me.

Then he gently cupped my cheek in my hand and tilted my face to face his. My heart rate began to speed up and my cheeks became a bit flushed.

Kai then closed his eyes and leaned in towards me.

Nervously, I closed my eyes and leaned in towards Kai, tilting my head a little. I could feel his warm breath on my lips as he closed the gap between us and our lips connected.

Fireworks went off as we kissed, and I brought my arms up around his neck and I felt his arm slip around my waist, his other hand still holding my cheek, bringing us closer as our lips moved in perfect sync.

The kiss was slow and passionate, both of us expressing our feelings for each other through our lips.

We broke the kiss and our foreheads touched as we caught our breath, comfortable in each others silence. Kai started to kiss me again, and I moved my lips in sync with his.

He lightly bit my lip, asking for permission but I broke the kiss and looked into his eyes.

"Sorry, I just don't feel ready for that yet" I admitted as I blushed, replaying the previous moments in my head.

"It's fine, I don't want to pressure you" Kai said, smiling at me with affection.

I yawned, as I suddenly felt really tired. Lying back in the bed, I turned to look at Kai who'd stood up. He smiled at me and I smiled back. Kai walked over to me and kissed my forehead.

"Sleep well sunshine" Kai whispered to me, and then turned to leave the room.

I closed my eyes with a smile on my face and fell asleep.

Kai's POV

I slowly shut the door to the medical bay so that Kiera could sleep in piece, after all, she needed the rest to regain her energy.

It was very late so I walked into my bedroom and lay down on my bed, replaying recent events in my head.

That kiss...it was like nothing I'd ever experienced before in my life! I'd felt fireworks as we kissed and it felt so right, I just wanted to hold her forever and show the world that she's mine...but I can't because she isn't mine.

'But you really want her to be yours' a thought in my head said and I smiled. I had just begun to plan how and when I would ask her out when my vision was suddenly filled with Jay's face.

"HOLY SHIT!" I yelled and my head shot up and hit Jay in the face.

"OW! Kai! What the balls man!" Jay cried, clutching his forehead.

"Your the one who scared the crap outta me!" I replied, holding my head in my hand as the pain receeded.

"Anyways, what do you want?" I grumbled, still holding my head.

"Sooo...what happened with you and Kiera after we left?" Jay slyly asked me, smirking as my cheeks turned red and a goofy smile appeared on my cheeks.

"Huh? N-nothing happened! Absolutely nothing, we just talked and she fell asleep" I blurted out, sheepishly looking away.

"Didn't sound like 'nothing' to me. You kissed her didn't you" Jay smirked.